• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JULY 2021 | -- JULY x SEVEN CHALLENGE by LAURA PASSAGE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JULY 2021 | -- JULY x SEVEN CHALLENGE by LAURA PASSAGE

Hey there everyone! Can you even deal with the fact that we're halfway through the year 2021 already?! My brain can't even wrap itself around how that's even possible.

Because it's now July, which is the 7th month of the year... this month's challenge is JULY x SEVEN!

To participate, all you have to do is create a project (digital, hybrid, app-scrapped... your choice... any format works!) that adheres to the following SINGLE rule...

...there must be exactly seven (7) of anything you choose to put on the page.

EXAMPLES:
    • if your layout features a photo, there must either be 7 photos, or 7 copies of the same photo*
    • if your layout uses a digital paper... there must either be 7 different papers, or 7 instances of the same paper being used in different ways
    • if your layout uses a journal card... there must either be 7 different journal cards, or 7 instances of the same card being used in different ways
    • if your layout uses a flower embellishment... there must either be 7 different flowers, or 7 instances of the same flower being used in different ways
    • ...and so on... and so on... you get the idea, right?!
    * what?! how?!
    well...you can layer a stack of photos in frames on top of each other... you can use the photo as a faded background and then layer photos on top of it... be creative! There are lots of solutions to this "challenging problem"!

When you post your layout in the challenge gallery and then link it back up in a post on this thread, below, please list your items and explain how you used them 7 times/etc. (if it's not easily/readily apparent).

Here is an example by CTM Robin:

**made with Relaxation by the TDP designers

She used seven different papers (one background white paper and six different pattern papers), seven lines of journaling, seven different flowers, seven different photos, and a seven word title. Remember, it's okay to think outside the box with this challenge!

Thank you!
    (HAVE FUN WITH THIS!)

Thanks for joining into this month's JULY x SEVEN CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info...
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed above in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link us to a copy of that gallery item.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at TDP this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses products by the designer hosting each individual challenge... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in that designer's shop (so in theory, you could be eligible to win 6 different $5 gifts if you use the correct designer's products in each challenge this month!)
    • Have fun! Let us know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag one of us by typing Laura Passage in your post, if needed!)
    Thanks for playing along, and we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited by mocamom; 07-06-2021, 05:30 PM.
    ~ Laura ~

So I have 7x7 for pictures...I used 7 film strips that each had 7 photo spots which worked great to get a lot of pictures from a soccer game in then a bit of added elements on top.

This was such an interesting challenge, really got my brain thinking about how I wanted to do it and I loved it, thanks so much for a challenge.

siggy

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so scraplifting this Cheryl! I have a GAZILLION photos of soccer and this is perfect!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      such a great idea to use multiple photos like this!

Not sure how much I like what I ended up with, especially when compared with what Cheryl came up with, but be that as it may, here it is:

​​​​​​

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's pretty!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like the frames layered over each other and the photos, and the to do list is perfect!

I took the easy way out. I just used 7 pictures and 7 different background papers – the papers I used was for the background, side border, scalloped border, background on journaling, and the three paper layers.

Comment

Fun challenge. Here's mine.

Upper Palisades

Comment

Thanks for the fun challenge! here's mine, I used : 7 papers, 7 photos, 7 flowers, 7 buttons, 7 hearts, 7 leaves, 7 stitches and 7 words

Comment

Such a fun challenge - There are seven papers, seven brads, seven word strips, seven lots of stitching and seven lines of journaling

Comment

Working...
          X