• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APRIL 2021 | BEFORE & AFTER CHALLENGE from DAWN BY DESIGN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL 2021 | BEFORE & AFTER CHALLENGE from DAWN BY DESIGN

Hi, y'all! This is Dawn from Dawn by Design and I am THRILLED to bring you a new challenge this month! Also, it's a super simple one! Well, simple in concept but I don't know about execution. But then again, that's why it's called a "challenge".

INSTRUCTIONS: Find one of your earliest digital scrapbooking layouts...and do it again in your current style. Then share both the original and updated versions here!

SIDE NOTE: If your original layout does not conform to the TDP Gallery guidelines below, then please do not post it to your gallery. Instead, use another website like Flickr and then use that URL information to post in this thread.

No outside linking.
    Layouts uploaded to The Digital Press Gallery must contain at least 50% TDP Products; templates count as 25%.

Here's a sample layout example by CT member caliten using my new kit, Adventure:

and the original layout she made in December 2011:

Thanks for joining this month's BEFORE & AFTER CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info...
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed above in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link us to a copy of that gallery item.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at TDP this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses products by the designer hosting each individual challenge... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in that designer's shop (so in theory, you could be eligible to win 6 different $5 gifts if you use the correct designer's products in each challenge this month!)
    • Have fun! Let us know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag one of us by typing dawnfarias or caliten in your post, if needed!)
    Thanks for playing along, and we can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Last edited by caliten; 03-31-2021, 10:13 PM.

• Dragonhome
    replied
    This is just after the birth of my first grandchild ;
    Before:
    APRIL-2021---BEFORE-&-AFTER-CHALLENGE_Before

After:

Leave a comment:

• barbaraj
    replied
    Here's my current style using My Sunshine by Dawn by Design

Taken from this layout from 2017

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with Dawn - your background treatment is really cool. And I dig the big title too.

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    What a stunning page! And what a cutie kiddo, both in black and white AND full color!

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    I'm loving all the white space! Such a fun and light update of your original page!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Yay! Thank you for playing wvufan04 ! That is such a cool background effect with the way you blended the black and white photo!

• wvufan04
    replied
    Here is my old page - umm I think 2010 and it was just a 4x6 page that was printed in a little flip book from Walgreens or something I think. I wasn't using Photoshop or Elements when I started, but the software that Creative Memories came out with - can't remember the name sorry!
    mikes book - Page 016 by wvufan2, on Flickr

And the updated page - a 12x12 because that is probably 98% of what I scrap now. And some actual journaling (though not a ton but at least a little bit with the date)

Leave a comment:

• dawnfarias
    replied
    Originally posted by lauriezyskind
    Current Photos vs Old Photos, same layout.
    For me, I think it goes against the spirit of the challenge to keep the same layout and change only the photos.

From the instructions: "Find one of your earliest digital scrapbooking layouts...and do it again in your current style."

So, yes, keep the pictures, story, titlework, etc., as close to the original as possible. Change the layout.

Leave a comment:

• tiffany scraps
    replied
    Such a fun challenge. Here is my make over layout using Pemberley.

and here is my oldie layout

Leave a comment:

• ClaireG
    commented on 's reply
    I love the updated version of this Cathy!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    I LOOOVE this style transformation! Your new layout is so light and airy and I can see how your shadowing is different and how you've used paint to blend a paper. Lovely!

• CathQuillScrap
    replied
    I went way back in my gallery here to find a layout to redo... it was really hard as I really like so many of them as they are and they all reflect my style which hasn't changed that much. I don't really do pocket style pages that much so went with that sort of layout for my before:

and here is my after - lots more white space

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    Your style has evolved too, Dawn! I'm loving the mixed alphas and handwriting on your new page.

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    Kat, do we even want to ask what he's about to eat in that photo?

I love all the bright colors and word arts in your original page, and the simplicity and limited colors of your second page.
Working...
X