• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARCH 2021 | SEASON CHALLENGE from RACHEL HART

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARCH 2021 | SEASON CHALLENGE from RACHEL HART

Hi Everyone, I’m Rachel (from Rachel Hart)!

So welcome, to not only March (can’t believe it), but also to my challenge for the month -- a SEASON CHALLENGE.

I thought with this new month comes the start of a new season, and since we have people here from all over the world... it'd be fun to see what everyone creates. Thus, I’m not going to pick just one season, especially as we have just finished summer (and some others have just finished winter).

So your challenge is to do a layout/project featuring the season you are in right now.

***** NOTE *****

Anyone can do this challenge, you don’t have to use just my products (since I just make stamps and don't make papers, etc.) -- so any products from TDP is completely fine -- although would love to see how you would use mine here, and anyone who uses mine as the "majority" (main focal point, etc.) of their project will be entered in my $5 draw ; see below).

Can’t wait to see what you all come up with. Have Fun!

RACHEL
    Thanks for joining into this month's SEASON CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info...
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed above in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link us to a copy of that gallery item.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at TDP this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses products by the designer hosting each individual challenge (SEE RACHEL'S EXCEPTION NOTE, ABOVE)... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in that designer's shop (so in theory, you could be eligible to win 6 different $5 gifts if you use the correct designer's products in each challenge this month!)
    • Have fun! Let me know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag one of us by typing RachelHodge in your post, if needed!)
    Thanks for playing along, and we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited by RachelHart; 03-06-2021, 07:12 PM.

Double page Spread:

Page 1
    http://

Page 2
    http://

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I live these pages! Those blue skies really stand out against the earthy tones of your background papers, and the doodley writing and word art bits look brilliant! Love the personal/homemade feel to it all!

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      love your grid work and your placement of the elements!

Here is mine. Thanks for the challenge.

Play Nice

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes please Mother Nature - play nice! Such a perfect phrase!! I love those eyelashes and your spring title - lovely humour in just a few words!

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      such a cute page!

Thanks for the challenge.
    siggy

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh these colours look so tropical, and I love your blue nail varnish!

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      yes to sunny days around the corner! your colour combo is awesome!

Like so many of us in the US, we're done with winter and ready for spring. But I live in one of those parts of the US (the Rocky Mountain piedmont in Colorado) where "spring" isn't just green grass and flowers poking out of the ground... we still have 2 or 3 more months of plunging in and out of 'winter'. We actually get more snow in March here than any other month of the year .... and it's the heavy, wet stuff that makes great snowballs and snow forts and also snaps branches off trees. I didn't grow up with snow, so I still get giddy at the thought of a good snowstorm. The forecasters started calling for 2-4 feet of snow early last week, so I'm sure you can imagine the anticipation in our house. (We're about half way through it right now .... there's a good foot of snow piled up already.) I've got a few more pages in the works for this event too.

I've got four of your sets in this one, Rachel: 2021, Months #2, Spring Stories, and Take Note.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      You are the master at word art/painty brushes and stamps - this looks great! So many details to see and I love the anticipation written on the photo.

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      love the layering and the black details!

I had fun using Spring Stories by Rachel Hart. The border is a part of the photo.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      These are the first flowers in my garden each year, and I love to see them! I love the flower stamps along the sides and the pretty spring colours, but the black strips of words really frame your photo nicely too!

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      love those flowers! that black makes everything pop!!

I took a bit of a liberty - it does mention the season as in the weather, but it is more about the season of life!! Hope that is not too much of a stretch!
    I used your Snapshots Set and your Here & Now Set, thanks for the challenge!

Comment

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      loving this!!!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      that does look like quite a downpour, good job you love days like that! I love the heart tab and the doodles line the joins your two background papers, it goes perfectly with the rainy days word art, well done!

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on your side, love rainy days and the coziness they bring. Loving the blue tones and chevron too!

• ClaireG
      ClaireG commented
      Editing a comment
      Love this Cathy! I too love rainy days!

Such a great way to document emerging from the brutal NYC Winter into Spring.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      ooh I love your bold background and those repeated pieces of word art, it looks great!

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      you can never go wrong with aqua... love the bright colours you chose with that layout! so good!

I know that multiple entries aren't allowed, but here's another one from me ... a follow-on to my previous page.

Comment

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the idea of this progress shot... before...during...after. such a cool idea!

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      corrin - the follow on to this page that records the second day of this winter storm: Snow Day {2}

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      caliten - yay!! that is some good, deep snow!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      it looks like you have a few new friends there! What a lovely way to think about the seasons - in terms of the birds that come to feed.

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      cue little birds! can't believe you were able to get that close! awesome!

I'm always happy to make a page about glorious SPRING!

Quick question for you, Rachel Hart - do you also (or have you in the past) go by Rachel Hodge? I just want to be sure I have the right person's products!

CREDITS:
    Template: Photo Addict 14.2 by Akizo Designs. Papers, elements, word art from May 2018 Digiscrap Parade “Garden Party” kits by Anita Designs, KimB Designs, and Rachel Hodge.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow Sharon, you have got some beautiful spring flowers in your garden! I like the way you have used the film strip with photos and the hello garden word art. (I'm sure Rachel will also reply to your question, but yes, Rachel did used to use the name Rachel Hodge, so you are using the right products!).

• RachelHart
      RachelHart commented
      Editing a comment
      you are absolutely in spring! these colours are amazing!!!

Spring is in full swing here in Northern CA, my nose (allergies) can confirm it! I chose some beautiful spring-inspired photos to scrap after picking up your stamps today! :-)

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X