• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARCH 2021 | NUMBERED LIST CHALLENGE from KARLA NOEL DESIGN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARCH 2021 | NUMBERED LIST CHALLENGE from KARLA NOEL DESIGN

Hey, Hey hello creatives! Karla here with you guys, hosting my first challenge of the year!

Kicking off the month of March, I wanted to make it a NUMBERED LIST CHALLENGE. Maybe you’re like me, where I find it useful to list things, whatever they are. Making lists can make me see what I’m doing more clearly or appreciate it that much more.

I have a FREE template mini you can DOWNLOAD HERE (optional, if desired) for use when completing your challenge. It includes some number stickers and stamps, too, so you can knock out that rule lickety-split! kachow!

Here are the deets to my NUMBERED LIST CHALLENGE:
    1. Your page/project must be new and must be a NUMBERED LIST-themed project.
    2. (OPTIONAL) DOWNLOAD the free template kit above to use as the base for your project. You may adapt it any way you like! (Note: this is a direct download. Once link is clicked it should begin the download. If you have any questions please tag me Karla Noél )
    3. Have fun!

Here is some inspiration for you guys (I created my page to simply list "5 Reasons I Smiled Today" )...

I went super simple... using primarily the elements in the kit and done. I'm really needing easy without the sacrifice in design right now ^_^.

This next page, by TDP Creative Team Member Barbara is stunning and truly heartfelt. She decided to challenge herself to find five positive (yes, positive!) things that have come from the pandemic...

Barbara used the Audacity papers, elements and stamps as well as The Sticks font to create her page and um? WOW! I have to say, I opened up my email to this, you guys, and I gasped out loud - it's so gorgeous. That was my first reaction and then I got to reading.

I can relate more than you know...I believe we all can. Relate to the fact that we each have some sort of adaptation to face. We truly are going through this new era together. How refreshing it is to come back to designing knowing we all can just tell whatever it is that's really on our minds. What's really going on with each of us in our own little worlds. Barbara lets us know the positive side of these times. She found a "happy place" all her own and that's more than feeling comfortable in her new working-from-home hat. It's about survival. I'm typing these letters right now for the very reason. More on that later...on my blog...one day soon...in the next century at least lol!

Hopefully you guys can weigh in on the subject. Let me know your thoughts about finding the good in these new days we live in...the times of "the masked people."

What positive change have you experienced that has been the result of these changing times?

Thanks for joining into this month's NUMBERED LIST CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info...
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed above in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link us to a copy of that gallery item.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at TDP this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses products by the designer hosting each individual challenge... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in that designer's shop (so in theory, you could be eligible to win 6 different $5 gifts if you use the correct designer's products in each challenge this month!)
    • Have fun! Let us know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag one of us by typing Karla Noél or Barbara Unzen in your post, if needed!)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us! Can't wait to see what you cook up! Enjoy ^_~
    -Karla

Last edited by Karla Noél; 03-01-2021, 02:35 PM.

K A R L A • N O É L // @karlanoeldesign // TDP Designer // karlanoeldesign.com

awww, link isn't working for me
    OH SNAP! IT LOOKS LIKE THERE'S NOTHING HERE.

Comment

polygrl SO sorry about that! Fixed love!!!

Comment

Great challenge! Love Barbara’s page, too ❤️

Comment

• Karla Noél
          Karla Noél commented
          Editing a comment
          Right?! I literally keep coming back to look at it 🤣

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
        Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
        Save

Comment

I was just in the gallery browsing and saw the example layout for this challenge and had to come and check it out. It's stunning! Thank you Karla for the template! Now to see what I can do with it.

Comment

Right? I’m still trying to get over her layout 😂😭🤣 Girl have fun! I can’t wait to see what you cook up too! 🙌🏽

Comment

http://

Layout created for March 2021 / Numbered List Challenge by Karla Noel Design
              Fonts: Rockwell & Architects Daughter
              Template & Numbers: Karla Noel
              Kits: Monthly Collabs; Feb Kindness & March Optimism & Karla Noel’s I Will Survive
              Karla Noel I will Survive

Comment

• Karla Noél
                Karla Noél commented
                Editing a comment
                𝘞𝘩𝘰𝘢! You too? Ha!!! Who would of thought I’d have me almost spill my coffee 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘦 ... and it’s not even the end of week 1 😭😂🤣 Thank you 𝘴𝘰 much for participating and sharing such a fantabulous layout and inside look into El Centro...𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘪𝘪𝘪𝘳𝘭!!!!!!!!!!! ⭐️🎬
                Last edited by Karla Noél; 03-06-2021, 05:34 PM.

• Barbara Unzen
                Barbara Unzen commented
                Editing a comment
                Fabulous page! I loved reading your story. I like that you highlighted the story on the right and elaborated on the left. (I love pages with lots of journaling!) Thanks for playing along!!

• Laura ODonnell
                Laura ODonnell commented
                Editing a comment
                love this! What a great way to chronicle the day

Eek! I’m trying to post my layout in the thread and getting a response that I don’t have this authority. I messaged the store.

Comment

Originally posted by Karla Noél View Post
              Right? I’m still trying to get over her layout 😂😭🤣 Girl have fun! I can’t wait to see what you cook up too! 🙌🏽
              Ugh. I'm sorry that's happening. I get that sometimes. When it happens I just try another browser and it works fine. (For me, Safari doesn't always work for some reason.)

I'm looking forward to seeing your page!
              Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
              Save

Comment

Thank you for the amazing template - I loved it so much just as it was. I chose to do 5 things I did a week in August to help recharge and take care of me
                siggy

Comment

• Laura ODonnell
                  Laura ODonnell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is fantastic! Busy times. I’m impressed with your Cricut skills. I think I’m the only one of my friends who doesn’t (yet) have a Cricut.

• Barbara Unzen
                  Barbara Unzen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cute page ... and what a great theme for a numbered list! Taking care of YOU is so important!

I chopped up the template a bit, but oh, did I ever have fun with this page!

Comment

• Laura ODonnell
                  Laura ODonnell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love the story of the reasons for the purchase. It sounds like he’s had his heart set. And OMG the layout, the layers ❤️❤️❤️

• Barbara Unzen
                  Barbara Unzen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love your take on the challenge! I love the big numbers!

Thank you to Hillary for showing me how to get this layout in the post.

Here is mine. I used the numbers and alphas from the Listed Template kit, and a few kits from Karla: Sketchbook font, Year 21 Ledger Papers, Year 21 Papers, Year 21 Calendar Cards, and (retired) rectangle frames.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
                  Barbara Unzen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love your page Laura ... the colors are so great .. and I wish I knew how to knit! I loved it so much I simply HAD to choose it for the GSO as well! xoxo

• Laura ODonnell
                  Laura ODonnell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Barbara, I am so flattered you picked this for the GSO. I feel like a rock star!

First participation back here since about 2 years... and I am SO happy with how this page turned out, simple but with lots of fun details!! Thank you for the inspiration (and the beautiful products) Karla Noél !!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
                  Barbara Unzen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your page is so striking! I love the wire numbers and AWESOME theme!

• Laura ODonnell
                  Laura ODonnell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is wonderful! Love this list of intentions and the wonderful mix of products💖

Thanks for the fun template!
                I used Audacity by Karla Noel and Anita Designs

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
                  Barbara Unzen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your page Barbara and that you used Audacity too. I've scrapped quite a few pages with that kit since I got it when it first came out
                  Love your comfy scrapping chair - you've gotta love laptop scrapping!

• Laura ODonnell
                  Laura ODonnell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All of these lazy activities sound perfect!
              Working...
              X