• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARCH 2021 │ SCRAPLIFT CHALLENGE from LITTLE LAMM PAPER CO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARCH 2021 │ SCRAPLIFT CHALLENGE from LITTLE LAMM PAPER CO

Hi everyone! It's Amie of Little Lamm Paper Co. How is already March? We have finally broken our -30+ windchill Fargo weather and are enjoying the outdoors again. (as much as you can enjoy temps in the 20s, anyway).

I'm here to host this month's SCRAPLIFT CHALLENGE. Participating in this challenge is super simple... all you have to do is show me your own version of the sketch shown below!

Tips & Tricks:
    • When working with a sketch, don't be afraid to move things around on your canvas. Flip the page!
    • Change the layout size and make it work for you. Perhaps you want a pattern paper background and photos on the circles. Just let the sketch inspire you.
    • If the sketch as a whole just isn't working for you, zero in on one element. One tiny detail may be enough to get you inspired to create your next notebook layout!
    • There is no big title on this layout and that worked for me, but perhaps your layout will call for one. Add it!

The sketch is taken from this layout I did a few years ago, that has always remained a favorite. I've always liked how the circles are reminiscent of bubbles next to the bathtub photo...

Here's another sample page by TDP Creative Team Member Jan (IntenseMagic), inspired by the great circles and scattered elements and using the Snapshots collection from the Little Lamm Paper Co. shop here at TDP...

Thanks for joining into this month's SCRAPLIFT CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info...
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed above in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link us to a copy of that gallery item.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at TDP this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses products by the designer hosting each individual challenge... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in that designer's shop (so in theory, you could be eligible to win 6 different $5 gifts if you use the correct designer's products in each challenge this month!)
    • Have fun! Let us know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag one of us by typing littlelamm or IntenseMagic in your post, if needed!)
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 03-01-2021, 01:03 PM.

Today, March 5th, 2021, I had to my dog Scotty to sleep due to cancer. As I was coming home from the Vet, this page basically designed itself.
    url=http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=65183&title=rip-scotty&cat=519][/url]

Comment

• littlelamm
      littlelamm commented
      Editing a comment
      What a sweet face! I love the circle cutouts so much!

Comment

• littlelamm
      littlelamm commented
      Editing a comment
      What a great way to flip the sketch! The color layout with black and white photos is awesome!

siggy

Comment

• littlelamm
      littlelamm commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how you used a dot background to mirror the photos!

Loved the sketch! Here's mine using Kindness Feb 21 Collab

Comment

• littlelamm
      littlelamm commented
      Editing a comment
      These additions to the sketch are wonderful! I love this layout.

Comment

• littlelamm
      littlelamm commented
      Editing a comment
      I love this flip! And the text following the circles is the best touch!

I immediately thought of this template from Laura when I saw the sketch. ♥

Comment

• littlelamm
      littlelamm commented
      Editing a comment
      YES! I love it. The stitching is perfect. Now, I want to add stitching to my layout as well.

Here is a layout I made:

Comment

Love this! The photo is soooo precious!

Comment

Here's my page. Can't believe this was nearly 20 years ago!

​​​​​​

Comment

I'm a) loving the pocket scrapping thing right now, and b) getting a ton of mileage out of just a couple of days worth of photos. 2 feet of snow is a pretty big deal for us though.

Comment

Great sketch, I love sketches!

Comment

Working...
            X