• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 21: Slow Scrap - Accomplish with little steps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 21: Slow Scrap - Accomplish with little steps

Hello everyone,

If you have just come off the chat room, you know that we have been talking about how to get the memory keeping process flowing. Like all creative stuff, there is no great formula to it and more often than not I have realised that some times I just need to get on with it! No dilly-dallying

For the same reason I love challenges and events as besides being fun, they take away certain decisions from me and for a change less choice is good. So here I'm with some simple instructions to get a layout done in no time So you ready? Here goes...

1. Start by selecting two patterned papers. Put one on top of the other so that both are visible. Now I know combining two patterns can be tricky -usually I go for neutral backgrounds but what's the fun in that? Let's try something different Done?

2. Now I want you to think about a layout with two photos - framed preferably. You can place these side by side,one below the other or just in any arrangement - they can even overlap

3. Before you do that, however, create stacked layers of different solid and patterned paper pieces - the only condition is that you should use at least two different shapes i.e. not all paper pieces that are stacked should be rectangle. They can be rectangle and squares for example. Arrange them so there is depth in the layout.

4. Choose a journal card (JC) and place is next to one or both of the photos.

5. Optional - If you like working with pockets or vellum, you can overlay these on this JC or use two different JCs - with one of them in a pocket or under a vellum layer.

6. Now embellish to your heart's content - I only want at the minimum two flowers and two buttons.Rest is up to you

7. Use some paint or confetti or scatters.

8. Put a great big title, some journaling and date it.

That's it! Voila! You should have a layout done in no time at all, although you have until Friday 5 p.m EST from now to post it in this thread

So go on. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I will share my own layout here as well on closing.

Happy scrapping!
    Last edited by Shivani; 04-21-2016, 06:11 PM.
    --- SHIVANI ---

Can't wait to see everyone's pages! I may not have time to scrap tomorrow but I am going to try.

Comment

have fun with the slow scrap........i'll be fast asleep by the time this is taking place

Comment

OK, I tried. But I'm so tired. I have to go to bed !
        ----- FRANCE -----

Comment

• Shivani
          Shivani commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem Franny. Was great to chat with you

I used a new release for mine- so SNEAK PEEK! lol! I'll link to my gallery once the bundle is live in the store tomorrow!

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          gorgeous Amie, but I have to ask - you have your very own waterfall!? lucky lady!

• AmieN1
          AmieN1 commented
          Editing a comment
          corrin- we live in a super nice gated community- it was just starting when we bought our house 3 yrs ago- crazy expensive now- we got in at the right time! www.elkridgeheights.com

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful !

I didn't make the chat so hope I have followed the instructions correctly.

Comment

• Shivani
          Shivani commented
          Editing a comment
          I spotted this at the gallery before realising it was for the slow scrap. Yes! Its perfect. I love that swirly blue paper and how it complements the darker backgroun paper. Overall design rocks! Thanks for playing along

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          It's better than my proposition !!!! lol !!!! Well done

Lovely seeing these pages. Keep them coming everyone!!!!
        Here's my layout that I had based instructions on
        --- SHIVANI ---

Comment

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful !!!!!

Here's mine - sorry I missed the chat.

Comment

• Shivani
          Shivani commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha look at those two go. Love the bright blue and the title is so much fun. I love it! Thanks for playing

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, it's fun...

• knclark
          knclark commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks - I had a hard time with the pattern on pattern - but liked this combo the best. Thanks for the challenge!

here is mine! it was fun to chat too, thanks Shivani!

Comment

• Shivani
          Shivani commented
          Editing a comment
          Yayayyyy!!!! it was Corrin. I'm totally digging that black and white stripe paper and the fun kiddos are having

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your scrap. And those papers are wonderful !

Everyone's pages are so different - that's cool! I'm going to have to do a page and see what mine comes out like!
        ----------KATHERINE----------

Comment

• Shivani
          Shivani commented
          Editing a comment
          Go for it Kat!!! Yeah loving all the different takes

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make it to the chat room. I wish I had because it sounds like it was really interesting. Here is my layout. I still need to finish my journaling and I could really use help with my flower cluster. I am cluster challenged

Oops, I just noticed that I still have a couple of things to add and I need to change my little stack of papers.

OK, I think I fixed everything with one minute to spare I even added a little more journaling.

Last edited by pbrooks; 04-22-2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• AmieN1
          AmieN1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think your flower cluster is beautiful! The colors & the photos are so pretty & springy!

• Kat Hansen
          Kat Hansen commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the page! Maybe - just maybe - the only thing I might change with the cluster is make the flowers a little bigger or the leaves smaller so that, proportionately, the flower / leaf size ratio is a little more realistic? LOVE that these are flowers from your own garden!

• pbrooks
          pbrooks commented
          Editing a comment
          Kat Hansen You know I was wondering this morning about the size of leaves compare to flowers and how far they should stick out. Now that I look at the layout again, I see that I need to make the changes you suggested. Thank you so much. The purple flowers are not from my garden, just ones that I would like to have. I'm actually thinking of taking before and after photos of my plants. Quite a few came back and I'm not sure they are all perennials.

Thank you Amie and Franny for your comments.

Beautiful pages girls...
        So i think I'm not a good student !!! because it's not very good for the instructions. I tried, I promise. But, I don't succeed !!!!
        So, this is my page (my modified page)
        ----- FRANCE -----

Comment

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad I'm not the only one corrin !

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          But you have two patterns !!!!

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much Shivani <3

Originally posted by franny View Post
        Beautiful pages girls...
        So i think I'm not a good student !!! because it's not very good for the instructions. I tried, I promise. But, I don't succeed !!!!
        So, this is my page (my modified page)
        This is so pretty and the photos are adorable.

Comment

• franny
          franny commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, thanks !!!!!

Corrin and Shivani thank you so much for your sweet comments!

Comment

I've had a busy day but got my page done. I'll load in the gallery later but here it is for you to see. That was fun! TY for hosting this.

Comment

• Shivani
            Shivani commented
            Editing a comment
            I love the colours here Rae! and such a sweetheart he is! Thanks for playing along!
        Working...
        X