• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSD 2021 CHALLENGE | TEMPLATE MASH UP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD 2021 CHALLENGE | TEMPLATE MASH UP

It’s here, it’s here, it’s finally here!! Happy NSD everyone! May our hard drives and budgets be big enough to satisfy our every desire this weekend! While I love all the deals during this event, I have to say I love the challenges just as much. They are a fun way to get me thinking and try something I wouldn’t normally do. This weekend I’d like to bring you a fun challenge which will help stretch our stash (and who doesn’t like to do that). Since we are so busy playing games, scrapping challenges, and stalking our favorite designers, I’ll keep this simple. All you have to do for this challenge is mash together TWO DIFFERENT TEMPLATES from TWO DIFFERENT DESIGNERS and create a brand-new template. That’s it! Not only will you have fun, but you can save this template to use again later. How cool is that?

I made my layout using both Snow Wonder by Designed by Irma and Photo Addict #08 by Akizo Designs. I took the background papers from Snow Wonder:

and then added the photos spots from Photo Addict #08:

to end up with my layout which I made using Christmas Time by Dawn by Design:

This page was super fun and satisfying to do. Now let me see your fabulous layouts. Please include the names of the templates you mashed and then add your own layout.

If you have any questions, please tag me or PM me @mocamom

Your prize will be a $10 gift certificate and will be provided by TDP, winners will be chosen randomly.
    You have from now when the challenge goes live to Mon 5/3 at 11:59pm ET.

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on Monday May 3, 2021.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Have fun and stretch those scrapbook muscles! I can't wait to see your take on this challenge!
    Last edited by mocamom; 05-02-2021, 12:32 PM.
    Save

Save

Hoooo, that's a fun one! I'm not a big template scrapper but I'll give it a try hopefully!
    Last edited by chloe; 05-01-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      It's fun to stretch our brains sometime. I know you'll do great Chloe!

Loved this! Here is mine -

Here are the x2 templates - I used the heart background and the idea of a large title from Dunia and from Cornelia I used one of the half panels and simplified it a bit.

https://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Duo-...tes-Vol.4.html
    https://shop.thedigitalpress.co/MIX-...TEMPLATES.html

Sorry couldn't figure out how to get them to both show, but you can see them in my post!

Last edited by ClaireG; 05-01-2021, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! Great combo and you REALLY did a great job with mixing and matching!

• wvufan04
      wvufan04 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a great mash up! Love the hearts in the background

I used
    https://shop.thedigitalpress.co/imag...t10_tp_900.jpg and
    Ninigoesdigi "August 2020 TDP Forum Challenge" Templates (cant find a link to it)

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      This turned out so well Jen! I hope you save this and add your new template to your stash!

• wvufan04
      wvufan04 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the diagonal of this and great big title

I'm going to play with combining these two templates -

And here's my page - that was so much fun!!

Last edited by Kat Hansen; 05-02-2021, 08:15 AM.
    ----------KATHERINE----------

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally awesome Kat! And the photos are seriously funny

• ClaireG
      ClaireG commented
      Editing a comment
      love this, great mash-up and pattern mixing, love the photos too!

• wvufan04
      wvufan04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes this is great - I really love the "Noted" title/word art too against the paper paper (hmm notebook paper rather)

Kits Used: HC Weekend Vibes, Little Adventures, Lazy Days of Summer, Ocean View paper. CD Getaway Roadtrip. AD Almanac Alpha & Voyage.

Templates Used: AD A Story Captured 06_10 & DBI Turn The Page Template

http://

Last edited by lauriezyskind; 05-02-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      You would never know this came from two different templates - you mashed them together so well! I love the way you used different frames to set off the photos!

• wvufan04
      wvufan04 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is so pretty, I love the sun on the polaroid and the ribbon/blow across the other one

I mashed up these two templates

and

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Great mashing! Don't you just love taking the interesting background of one and mixing it with the perfect photo spots of another?? Your pups are adorable and your pretty pattern paper picks are superb!

• wvufan04
      wvufan04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh they are so cute, love the mash up too

I used these two templates
    https://shop.thedigitalpress.co/All-...Templates.html
    https://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Stit...Templates.html

Comment

• wvufan04
      wvufan04 commented
      Editing a comment
      SO cute, I love the polka dot paper with the circle cutouts and stripes

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Cathy, this is so clever! I love the cut outs from the All That Jazz set and how you used that as the background for the photostrip!

I did a mash up of two templates from Challenges - From Gone Digital Design & Ninigo Digi - one was a Dec template challenge (though I don't have the year on my notes) and then Feb 2021
    siggy

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheryl that's so clever! Taking two challenge templates and making another one from that. See how mashing templates help us stretch our stash? That's even before you start rotating templates too I love the papers you chose for the tree and the way you tucked the clusters under the photo layers!
Working...
X