• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSD CHALLENGE | Tight Crop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD CHALLENGE | Tight Crop

Hello! I hope you are having a blast at NSD so far this weekend, we are only on day 2, and there is so much more fun in store with games and challenges as well as the fabulous sale! Can I get a "whopp whoop!"?!?

The challenge I have for you is a nice and simple one, the Tight Crop Challenge. All you need to do is scrap a page or create a project where the photo(s) is/are of a close up or a photo that is tightly cropped form the original, so as to focus closely on just one part of the image. You can use more than one picture, as long as each picture is a close up/tightly cropped picture. Easy, huh! But just in case you'd like a few ideas, there are a couple of blog posts that might help;

What is the focus of your photo?
    Listen to your inner minimalist

These two blog posts might help you decide what to take a close up picture of, or how to crop an exisiting picture, and although you don't need to create a "minimal" or white space page, the examples on this post are all of tightly cropped pictures - so very helpful! And of course I have a scrapped a page too:

[Credits:Alphas from Dawn by Design and WM Squared, Project 2015 - June from Laura Passage and Zentangle Birds & Zentangle Flowers 2 from Julia Makotinsky]

I cropped the photo to show just how happy my little son is to have a ladybug crawling over his fingers! I don't mind the ladybugs, but there a whole bunch of other bugs and critters that I am not so keen on. But that is my close cropped page, and now it is your turn to give it a go.

There are just a few rules:

The rules of the challenge:
    • Your layout must use 100% TDP product.
    • You must have a close-up or tightly cropped photo
    • You must post your layout in the TDP gallery and then start a post in this thread and link up the image (and link it to the gallery post).
    • Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 11:59pm PT on Wed 5/6in order to be eligible. Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 5/8.
    I can't wait to see what you will do!! So I will wish you a very happy rest of NSD, and hope you are all keeping safe and well wherever you are.

Okay, I freely admit I'm weird! But we scrap EVERYTHING - including the dog's abscess!

Save

Save

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      oh no, not the cone of shame!! poor Maggie, I hope she is feeling better, but I love your page! thanks for joining in

Here is mine.

Last edited by Route66; 05-02-2020, 08:31 PM.
    Karen

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      ooh that is one I haven't seen yet, I hope it was good! Thanks for joining in the challenge, a really clever idea to use the laptop screen as a photo frame, love it!

I have more photos of his face this close up than I do at a reasonable space.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      that is so funny! I love it, thanks for joining in the challenge!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      such a cool gift! thanks for joining in the challenge

Hope this is tight enough.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I"d say that is pretty tightly cropped! thanks for joining in the challenge, it is a sweet page!

http://
    Last edited by lauriezyskind; 05-06-2020, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      ooh that is a chellenge I had not even thought about. I bet there are many people living in very difficult circumstances like that. Thank goodness for Mums! And thanks for joining in with the challenge, I love your page <3

Under the wire... LOL!!!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      You just made it Dalis! I love your shadowing, thanks for joining in the challenge!

• Dalis
      Dalis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Corrin for your sweet comment about my shadows!

Thank you everyone for taking part in the challenge, I hope you had fun during NSD and have collected a great new stash of scrapping things to play with!

Comment

Working...
    X