• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me Warm Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat Hansen
    started a topic Help Me Warm Up

Help Me Warm Up

So Australia has a LOT of great things - beaches, desserts, rainforests, weird 'n' wonderful animals, etc. However, we're headed into winter right now - blah!! It's only a top of 5-8 degrees C today, raining and snowing, wind blowing. Like I said ... BLAH! Right now, I'm at work and have had a heater going in my office for the past several hours to keep myself toasty warm (and trying to convince myself that it can't possibly be as cold outside as the weather folks are saying ... yeah, nope).

Help me warm up - I'll live vicariously through you. For my northern hemisphere friends, what are you up to? Send pictures ... LOL

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Laura ODonnell - nope, you're memory is spot on! I lived in Northern VA

• Laura ODonnell
    commented on 's reply
    Ok yes, I thought I remembered you living in Virginia but it must have been DC. That’s great you found your way back

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    LOL I hear you on that. My partner lives about two hours away, near a beach area. For him 18 is cold ... for me, that's heaven at the moment! He thinks 5 or so at night is cold ... for me, it's zero or minus temperatures. I'll take HIS weather any day!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, that's a tad too warm. Eeek!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Originally from Australia, but took a job at the Australian Embassy in Washington DC ... and stayed for nearly 25 years! I moved back home to Australia about 2 1/2 years ago.

• Hillary
    replied
    It is soooooo hot here. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 104 F. *Falls over dead*

Leave a comment:

• Laura ODonnell
    replied
    We’re you always in Australia?

Leave a comment:

• Laura ODonnell
    replied
    Oh Kat, I hate the heat. I would love to be heading into winter instead of heading into summer.

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    replied
    We’re expecting high temperatures in the 90s (32C and above) for the next week, so break out the shorts and show off that pasty winter body! The kids are out of school, the trees are all leafy and green, and the bears are back to raiding our garbage cans at night. Ah, summer.

Leave a comment:

• Stefanie
    replied
    Ha ha, sorry I can't help.
    We are also in winter 19C today at the heat of the day.
    So for us that's sweater weather.
    Funny thing was last week I was complaining to my son in the UK that it was freezing, he said they had a wonderful warm spring day. Both of us 19C! He has acclimatized to the temperatures there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X