• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEPTEMBER 2021 | FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD CHALLENGE from RACHEL HART

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPTEMBER 2021 | FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD CHALLENGE from RACHEL HART

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to September (seriously where is this year going?!) -- and also to my challenge for the month of September – FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD.

Not sure about you, but over here in Australia we are still in and out of lockdowns. So my attention has shifted to focusing on food... A LOT. Good food is one of the things the family can look forward to each day, so I've been trying out new recipes which has been fun and getting the kids cooking with me (and more importantly helping with the clean up). So I though this would be the perfect time to do a challenge about food - favourites right now, epic fails, new recipes, fresh produce, cooking messes, quiet time with coffee (if that is even a thing), the list goes on...

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to do a layout/project on ‘ALL THINGS FOOD ’.

***** NOTE *****
    Anyone can do this challenge, you don’t have to use just my products (since I just make stamps and don't make papers, etc.) -- so any products from TDP are completely fine -- although I would love to see how you would use mine here, and anyone who uses mine as the "majority" (main focal point, etc.) of their project will be entered in my random $5 draw; see below.

Can’t wait to see what you all come up with. Have Fun!

--RACHEL HART

Thanks for joining into this month's FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info...
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed above in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link us to a copy of that gallery item.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at TDP this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses products by the designer hosting each individual challenge... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in that designer's shop (so in theory, you could be eligible to win 6 different $5 gifts if you use the correct designer's products in each challenge this month!)
    • Have fun! Let us know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag me by typing RachelHart n your post, if needed!)
    Thanks for playing along, and we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 09-01-2021, 11:05 AM.

I love food.... hormones don't agree....LOL. But I do have some photos that will work perfect for this!!!

Comment

Oh this was a great challenge - I kind of kept with the travel bucket list mojo and documented how I do travel snacks for the family when we do long drives (specifically moves) Everyone has a big bag with little snack baggies in it for each day - those are your snacks for the day you can choose to eat all the treats first or save them. My family always says I don't need to do them anymore, but also love that they have them so I'm pretty sure I'll keep doing it
      siggy

Comment

• RachelHart
        RachelHart commented
        Editing a comment
        this is fantastic... love it!

Our Covid experiment was actually rhubarb. We planted it last year, it overwintered just fine (meaning it didn't die under the snow), and then went gonzo this year. I harvested stalks several times and we made all sorts of new things including Norwegian almond rhubarb cake, and rhubarb barbecue sauce.

I grow cherry/grape tomatoes every year, but this year they must have been inspired by the rhubarb because the plants are huge and we overwhelmed by little tomatoes right now! We're picking about two pints every two or three days. Even though we usually just eat them raw, I was able to hoard enough to make tomato confit (roasted tomatoes in olive oil), and I'm hoping to have enough in a few more days to make ketchup, and maybe "sun-dried" tomatoes (the oven will probably have to be involved since leaving food outside overnight draws black bears). Anyhow, here's my entree for this challenge ... some backstory on my delightfully photogenic tomatoes.

Comment

• RachelHart
        RachelHart commented
        Editing a comment
        this is so so cute!

MY FOOD CHALLENGE SUBMISSION

Comment

Comment

• RachelHart
        RachelHart commented
        Editing a comment
        Love those bright colours and that pie!!!

Every year we make and decorate Christmas cookies. This year was really busy and the days got away from me. Luckily, my daughter found these
      cute ones at a bakery. A

I'll try this again.
      Last edited by jema; 09-29-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Comment

• RachelHart
        RachelHart commented
        Editing a comment
        ok now I'm just hungry!!! great job!

Phew! I made it! Not that I am in for the coupon as I am a designer here but I did want to have fun before it ends!
      Here is my take on one of my favorite topics: FOOD, and pizza!! lol

Comment

• RachelHart
        RachelHart commented
        Editing a comment
        loving the layout and that colour palette!

http://

Used RHart One More Bite

Comment

• RachelHart
        RachelHart commented
        Editing a comment
        wood, aqua and food... love this so much!
    Working...
    X