• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEBRUARY 2021 | FRAME IT CHALLENGE from GONEDIGITAL DESIGN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEBRUARY 2021 | FRAME IT CHALLENGE from GONEDIGITAL DESIGN

************************************************** **************************** THIS CHALLENGE IS NOW CLOSED ************************************************** ****************************

Hi, there scrappy friends! I'm back with a brand new challenge for February. I've been checking out the January challenges and I've been amazed by all your incredible contributions. I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge.

The challenge I'm hosting is called FRAME IT. I've been waiting on tenterhooks to bring you this great challenge; I think you're gonna have lots of fun with this one.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
    For this month's challenge, create a layout with a framed photo or object/ text. The twist is that you are allowed to use anything EXCEPT a frame to frame your photo(s). Some ideas of what to use instead are flowers, elements, paper bits, ribbons and bows, other photos, text, or alphas. These are just a few ideas but you can choose whatever you like. Go wild!

SAMPLE PAGES

Here's some inspiration from the creative team...

...Tiffany created the following page using my new kit January Monthly. She used a radial gradient to clip her photo to one of the pattern papers and then cropped it into a circle which was then framed by a doily in the kit. She then clipped the photo again to the torn paper element in the kit. She used a ribbon to draw attention to and frame the sunset in the photo...

Here's another example using leaves and flowers to frame the photo. These elements are also used to simulate the effect of a full head of hair to give a natural and earthy, 'Mother Nature' feel of healing and self care...

Thanks for joining into this month's FRAME IT CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info..
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at The Digital Press, and then create a post here in this thread with an image of your layout(s) plus a link to the image in the gallery.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at The Digital Press this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses my products... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in the GoneDigital Design shop at TDP.
    • You can include any of my freebies in this challenge but should only account for a small portion of the overall page to qualify.
    • The winner will be notified by forum PM on March 1st and also posted in this thread.
    • You may enter as many times as you like, but every entry must be a separate, BRAND NEW project that meets the criteria of this challenge.
    • Have fun! Let me know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag one of us by typing Shannel Tamara or tiffany scraps in your post, if needed!)
    Thanks for playing along, Happy Scrapping!

Last edited by Shannel Tamara; 03-01-2021, 02:34 PM.
    ---------- SHANNEL ----------

Oh this is such a great challenge - loved the push to use things as frames. Thank you! Here's my page using your New Normal kit

Comment

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the use of that newspaper print for the background and then all the bright splashes of color in the elements framing your photo. Well done

• Shannel Tamara
      Shannel Tamara commented
      Editing a comment
      Great clustering! I also like the contrast between colour and non-coloured items. Thanks for playing.

Kit Used: GDD Summerdays
    http://

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
      Shannel Tamara commented
      Editing a comment
      I love what you did here with the paper bits. It frames the photo perfectly. I almost feel like I am peering through a window. The stitching adds such realism and is perfectly used. Well done, some great techniques used on this page.

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the bright playful feel of this page with all the fun colors that pull from the colors in the photo and tie it all together beautifully.

Thank you for the great challenge. I used papers from I will survive.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...stones&cat=519

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
      Shannel Tamara commented
      Editing a comment
      I first have to mention that lovely sweet smile. It's the first thing I notice from your page. She's so lovely! I also love that you weren't afraid to mix bold patterns together. The overall pages is very cohesive. I particularly enjoy the pops of 'blue' that ties it all in.

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      What darling pics and how fun that you were able to frame all three photos with the paper bits.

Hello, thank you for this funny challenge!

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gallery/data/519/FRAME_IT_CHALLENGE_from_GONEDIGITAL.jpg

Last edited by AgnieszkaAnna; 02-04-2021, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
      Shannel Tamara commented
      Editing a comment
      Such great clustering here too! You guys are on top of your clustering game lol. The muted background is a particularly good choice allowing me to focus on the lovely photo you have framed with the elements. Great work. Thanks for taking part.

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      Your clusters are on point and frame your pic so beautifully! Well done.

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      gorgeous! it is a great picture but really set off beautifuly by your black background oaoer and the sifetr colours of the flowers and elements. Your "frame" is beautiful!

This was fun! First half of my Week 02

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
      Shannel Tamara commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your out-of-the-box thinking of using paper strips this way. It adds SO much dimension to your page. Very clever.

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      oooh I love some creative stitching! And the shadowin on your newpaper strips is lovely, especially on the top right photo.

I like the use of the notebook paper and newsprint. Great framing as well with the strips of paper and stitches.

Comment

I used Hopeful by Gonedigital Designs

Comment

• tiffany scraps
        tiffany scraps commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! Gorgeous! Love the wood grain with the red pattern paper and ribbon. You did such a fun thing with the framing using ribbon, bows, stitched elements and clusters. I LOVE it.

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        This page is so fun. Very creative and well put together. Thanks for playing.

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        that is a great non-frame frame! Love the ribbons and flowers mix, there is such a happy feel to your page!

LOVED this challenge.

Comment

• ClaireG
        ClaireG commented
        Editing a comment
        @shannel thank you! I didn't think of the paint being like the sugar! And I do know what you mean about the scrolling menu.

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        I love your bold colours Claire, and the wordstrips as part of the frame is such a good idea!

• tiffany scraps
        tiffany scraps commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a fun framing job you did here. I too love the use of the wordstips in your framework. Thanks for taking the challenge.

such a fun challenge

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooh stitching! I love that idea and your scatters make it look like space/little planets, so clever with your journaling! I love that cut out paw too, as you cute cat comes out of the frame. Beautiful page!

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        This is gorgeous Akizo! I love that you framed the photo with stitches and scatters and of course the cat's paw stepping out looks so cool. Thanks for playing.

• tiffany scraps
        tiffany scraps commented
        Editing a comment
        I adore your page. the extraction with the kitty stepping off the page is awesome and the stitching for the photo frame is awesome. I want to scrap lift your amazing page.

I framed my photo with lots of wordbits and elements.

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks great Cathy! Lots of people in your photo and lots of words trips to go with them! A lovely way to balance it, and your elements dotted around the place just soften the edges, love it!

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        This page is so fun and creative Cathy. I like that all the word strips and elements are connected. It all flows really well from one side to the other.

• tiffany scraps
        tiffany scraps commented
        Editing a comment
        All those word strips are the BOMB! Love how it creates such a playful feel.

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        Those torn papers look so great. Very creative! Thanks for playing along.

• tiffany scraps
        tiffany scraps commented
        Editing a comment
        Love those paper tears to frame your photo. Such a great page!

AgnieszkaAnna I've sent you a direct message.
      Last edited by Shannel Tamara; 03-01-2021, 02:33 PM.
      ---------- SHANNEL ----------

Comment

Working...
      X