• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEBRUARY 2021 | PATTERN MIX 2+2+2 CHALLENGE from HUMBLE & CREATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEBRUARY 2021 | PATTERN MIX 2+2+2 CHALLENGE from HUMBLE & CREATE

**CHALLENGE CLOSED** WINNER CathQuillScrap CONGRATULATIONS!

FEBRUARY 2021 | PATTERN MIX 2+2+2 CHALLENGE from HUMBLE & CREATE

Yay! we're finally off to a decent start for 2021. I know I have a list of ideas on how I actually want to document this year. If you have been able to catch my style, you know I LOVE mixing and matching patterns, that don't necessarily go together. I know this can be quite a challenge for some creatives, but lets have some fun!

So, here are the rules:
    Mix and Match all of the following in your hybrid, Project Life pocket page, or traditional digital layout:
    1. Two plaid or striped papers, cards, or elements
    2. Two other patterned (dots, stars, floral, chevrons, etc.) papers, cards, or elements
    3. Two solid color papers, cards, or elements
    That's where the 2+2+2 part comes in! You can mix and match kits, designers, styles, alphas, etc. Anything goes! The funkier the better! Let's get creative! Let me see your flair! Just be sure and list the supplies and designers you used when you post your page!

To be eligible to win a $5 gift card to Humble & Create's shop, use only Humble & Create products in your project (but this isn't a requirement to participate in this challenge--just a perk!)

Here's an example page to give you some inspiration...

In this page by projectlifeappdude, he used papers from Humble & Create's A Good Day and Patch kits to get the 2 plaid/stripes + 2 other patterns (triangles and leaves) +2 solids to complete the challenge!

Thanks for joining in this month's PATTERN MIX 2+2+2 CHALLENGE! If you're participating, don't forget the following useful info...
    • To receive credit for completing this challenge, make sure you follow all of the rules/guidelines listed above in this thread.
    • Once you have completed your project... post it in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link us to a copy of that gallery item.
    • Your completed project must be posted in this thread by 11:59pm ET on the last day of this month (February) in order to receive credit.
    • Anyone who completes ALL SIX (6) of the challenges at TDP this month will receive 50% OFF ONE ENTIRE PURCHASE any time during the following month.
    • Additionally, anyone who exclusively uses products by the designer hosting each individual challenge... will be entered to receive $5 to spend in that designer's shop (so in theory, you could be eligible to win 6 different $5 gifts if you use the correct designer's products in each challenge this month!)
    • Have fun! Let us know if you have any questions about this challenge (you can comment below, and even tag one of us by typing humbleandcreate or projectlifeappdude in your post, if needed!)
    Thanks for playing along, and we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited by humbleandcreate; 03-06-2021, 02:28 AM.

I can't wait to see everyone's creations!

Comment

I gotta try this too!!

Comment

So excited to see how interesting you all get with this challenge 😊

Comment

This is going to be fun, I love mixing patterns!

Comment

Kits: HC Lazy Days of Summer and RE Cacti Love
            Template: A Story Captured Vol 16
            http://

Comment

• projectlifeappdude
              projectlifeappdude commented
              Editing a comment
              #nailedit The colors, the patterns, the photos, the layout.... you knocked it out of the park! Thanks for playing along!

I decided to start a Project 365, this is my first page....

2 solids (blue and orange)
            2 pattern (orange dots and blue paisley)
            2 stripes (journal paper and the cut out 2021 number)

Collaboration kit I Will Survive by TDP designers. I also used a template from December challenge (I did not participate) so I hope it is ok.

Comment

• projectlifeappdude
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't have thought to use a lined journal paper as one of the stripes components! Way to think outside the box!! Great job!

Hi, thank you for this chellenge

Comment

• Blanulak
              Blanulak commented
              Editing a comment
              Lovely page! May I ask what kind of font you used in your journaling? I totally love it! Thank you.

• AgnieszkaAnna
              AgnieszkaAnna commented
              Editing a comment
              Blanulak thank you I used Jane Austen No Secret font

• projectlifeappdude
              Editing a comment
              Great job with the challenge! I love the different thicknesses of the stripes you used--very striking when used together. Thanks for playing along!

Good Vibes

Comment

• projectlifeappdude
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for playing along! I always forget about the 'strips of patterned paper behind your photo' technique! Good way to use the required elements for the challenge!

This was a challenge for me - I don't mix patterns too much but I loved it, thank you

Comment

• projectlifeappdude
              Editing a comment
              You were smart to use a template with so many hexagons that you could put your patterns in, thanks for playing along!

Thanks for the fun challenge! I used Be Hoppy Papers and Be My Always by Humble & Create

Comment

OMG, look at all of these amazing layouts! It's going to be very hard to choose! I'm so impressed creatives!

Comment

Fab challenge - loved it!

Comment

• projectlifeappdude
                Editing a comment
                Everyone needs a weirdo! . Thanks for playing along!

I LOVE mixing patterns so this challenge was lots of fun... actually had to restrain myself... hehee
              1. Two plaid or striped papers - stripes and black check
              2. Two other patterned - brown doodle & dots
              3. Two solid - black matting and cream background
              Last edited by CathQuillScrap; 02-21-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• projectlifeappdude
                Editing a comment
                ....and they all just.......WORK! Great job. Thanks for playing along!

Comment

Working...
            X