X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAWN BY DESIGN | May 2020 Challenge

MIXED ALPHA TITLES

INSTRUCTIONS
    ---Create a mixed alpha title for your page by choosing TWO OR MORE unique alphas to create your page's title work.

COUPON CODE
    ---Use the coupon code 30DBDMAY to help you get started building your DBD alpha and product collection (if you don't have one already!). This code is good throughout May and will get you 30% off any DBD product.

RULES AND GUIDELINES
    ---Your project entry must follow the instructions listed above.
    ---Your project entry must use 100% Dawn by Design product...although you can choose anything from my product catalog that you like!
    ---Your project entry must be loaded into the challenge gallery at TDP no later than 11:59pm ET on May 31st, 2020.
    ---Once you've loaded your image into the challenge gallery, you must leave a comment in this thread with an image link to your project no later than 11:59pm ET on May 31st, 2020.

PRIZE
    ---Any kit or collection from my shop that is priced at $10 or less.

INFO & INSPO
    ---I sometimes spend as much time on my title work as I do the rest of my page. Over the years my style has developed to include mixed alpha titles and it's become a part of my signature style. My challenge for you this month is to create a mixed alpha title for a page. You can use as many different alphas as you like but make sure it's no less than two... because then you're not mixing anything, right? Here are a couple of pages for inspiration. Have fun!

Last edited by dawnfarias; 05-11-2020, 10:45 AM.

I tend to neglect my titles so this is a good challenge for me!

Comment

I love this challenge! Dawn has so many great alphabets. The kit I used is All Boy (sadly retired) and the circle alpha are from You Are Here.

Last edited by Megs1016; 05-12-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I love to mix alphas, especially yours Dawn. Here is a page using your Babymoon kit and alpha, the Babymoon Goldies alpha, and your Get Outside (freebie) alpha.

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          What an amazing job on mixing your title! I love the lone "s" that is stapled and the word bit that is mixed in, too. Such great photos and I see that paint clipping you did there on the photos. Love this page!

Loved doing this challenge... such a fun way to dig into my stash and actually use the alphas I collect (hehehe)

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          You know what, Cathy? This is my first time hosting a challenge with the new 2020 challenge system. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. Right now my understanding is that everything in the layout must be from the designer hosting the challenge. I will look into this and get back to you. Thank you for your patience!

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright, Cathy, this was fun and funny to figure out. I did a little Googling and I know where the confusion came from! First, the Blue Jeans Boy freebie was not created by me. Second, it WAS created by a designer who would have used DBD in their file names, just like I do. You are free to keep your page as is since this was just an innocent mistake. Thanks, again, for participating!

• CathQuillScrap
          CathQuillScrap commented
          Editing a comment
          oh wow didn't realise that there was another designer out there using the same initials (and from a different site too! yikes). I had started another page already just incase... so will post that once it's finished.... just to make it all fair and square all round. We live and learn I guess.
          Last edited by CathQuillScrap; 05-24-2020, 05:14 AM.

Take 2 using actual Dawn By Design products (hehe)

Comment

Beautiful, Cathy! And what a good sport you are! Love the grid design and the big red circle and rectangle that ground your title work. Thanks for playing (again)!

Comment

Fun challenge! I enjoyed mixing the alphas

Comment

• dawnfarias
              dawnfarias commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, Claire, your page is gorgeous! Thank you for playing. I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge. Also, people watching is definitely fun! Glad you had that trip with your mom.

Thanks Dawn, so glad you like it, my first time playing with Alpha sheets.Ugh.. I just noticed a small spelling mistake!

Comment

Hi, ladies! I used RANDOM.ORG to determine the winner. The result was CathQuillScrap ! Congratulations! You may choose any kit or collection in my shop that's under $10. I will message you for your choice. Thank you both ( ClaireG ) for playing! Please keep an eye out for my June challenge, too. Also, I have a blog freebie right now for The Digiscrap Parade: https://dbdblog.com/priorities-june-...iscrap-parade/
              Last edited by dawnfarias; 06-02-2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks soooooooooo much for this great challenge. Super excited to win and get more stash.... going browsing now.

Comment

Alright, CathQuillScrap and ClaireG , I'd love to see you in my June Challenge, too! If you have time and feel inspired. http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/for...2020-challenge

Comment

This was a super fun challenge - congrats CathQuillScrap and thanks Dawn, looking forward to the June Challenge x

Comment

Working...
                    X