NOVEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE | ART JOURNALING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOVEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE | ART JOURNALING

Happy November! I'm so glad to be here with you for this month's Art Journaling Challenge!

Many people are a little intimidated by art journaling, but I hope that this challenge is going to let you try it out in an easy, no-pressure way! An art journaling page is simply a visual record of thoughts and ideas. It doesn't have to be complicated or abstract; in fact, it can be ANYTHING that you want or need it to be, as long as it is an expression of YOU.

With that in mind, let's get started by choosing a word -- any word -- that speaks to you to right now. It can be any word - and with just one word, there’s a lot of freedom to do just about anything with it – you can interpret that one word any way you’d like!

Here are a few interesting ways that you can use this word to develop your art journaling page...
    1. Use your word to find a quote that speaks to you & add it to your page
    2. Use it to write your thoughts and feelings related to the word
    3. Use colors, elements, and textures that fit the theme, mood, and feeling of your chosen word
    I have chosen the word "OVERWHELM" ...which is significant to me lately as I am struggling with a lot of competing priorities these days. I think it's the perfect word to build my art journaling page around, to express my thoughts about my feelings and experience at the moment. I'm thinking of this as a way to express myself honestly and authentically while also documenting where I am today.

My fellow creative team member Kat put together a page that documents a stressful day at work where she felt like tearing her hair out and screaming. Her word was "SERIOUSLY" ...which is one she found herself saying over and over (almost in disbelief) at the situation she found herself in:..

So now, it is your turn. You don't have to go into anything too deep or personal if you don't want to -- but take some time to reflect and find a word that you can illustrate, then come back here and share it with us. I can't wait to see what you do!

Don't forget the following rules for this challenge:
    • Your layout must illustrate the word you chose from the exercise above. PLEASE VISIBLY INCLUDE YOUR WORD ON YOUR PAGE SOMEWHERE.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you might need, if you do a hybrid project)... and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on November 30, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the NOVEMBER 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    Last edited by anrobe; 11-05-2019, 01:22 AM.

So for me, the therapeutic part of this was actually the journaling. I start with the word, and the rest just came spilling out and at the end of it I felt ... better? relieved? like I'd vomited out all these words and now they're on that page instead of spinning around in my head, which is think is the intention of art journaling.

Comment

• anrobe
      anrobe commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, Carrie! This is fantastic!

• AshScraps
      AshScraps commented
      Editing a comment
      All I have to say is I feel ya sister. I feel all of this with you. <3

Here is my page...
    I have used Ume Plum kit by ninigoesdigi / template by me

Comment

• anrobe
      anrobe commented
      Editing a comment
      This is fantastic! Thank you for joining in!

here is my page - wild like me *lol* ...

Comment

• anrobe
      anrobe commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a fantastic page, Sylvia!

Wow your layout is amazing!

Comment

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic page, Stef! Thanks for joining in!

Thanks for the challenge- here's mine:

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic page! Love those clouds!

Losing my Mother earlier this year brought back the sadness of losing my Dad almost 15 years ago and losing my husband 5 years ago.

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        So beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Working...
    X