Feb 23: Pursue your Happiness Color

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb 23: Pursue your Happiness Color

This challenge we are going to be playing with a single color family. If you are interested in a more in-depth read on this I also did a blog post on this Challenge. HERE

For this Challenge I want you to create a layout that pursues your happiness color for today. The challenge is you can only use that one color on your layout. A monotone color scheme that is just one single color and its variations in terms of tints, shades and saturation. Using saturation and tint/shade variations of a color is always beautiful to me. Part of the challenge is you must use a White Background. Boring? NO! There are so many beautiful white papers out there. The two white paper packs I used on my layout are from the Pennysaver collection in the store, which means they are only $1 for this month. Or if you want just use a sheet of plain white cardstock. And have fun!
    Whiteout Papers
    by: Scotty Girl Design

Everyday Essentials | White Patterns
    by: Digital Scrapbook Ingredients

The Rules:
    1. Pages must be created using 100% TDP Products and loaded in the gallery no later than midnight EST on February 28, 2015.
    2. Please link your gallery listing in this thread
    3. Link your comment in this thread in the monthly challenge tracker thread. You can find it here: February's Tracking Thread
    4. Have fun!!!
    Last edited by Pamie; 02-27-2015, 01:27 PM.

Here is mine. Thanks for the challenge!
    I live in Florida and love the mountains. I just saw this photo the other day and was mesmerized by the beautiful colors of nature. I really love the shades of the snow going from white to soft steel blue in the shadows. Could be because I never have to deal with snow ;-)

Comment

• Sokee
      Sokee commented
      Editing a comment
      Francine, I LOVE everything about your layout! EVERYTHING! That photo is stunning and the verse is perfect for it!
      Thank you for playing along!

We have a lot of snow here. I just love snow. It is so magical!

Thank you for the challenge, I love monochrome

Comment

• Sokee
      Sokee commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh This is so pretty! And you pulled the pink of the roses out of the photograph so beautifully!

Thank you so much for playing with me!

Barbara, not sure that this - strictly speaking - fits the challenge parameters, but putting it here anyway

Last edited by Kat Hansen; 02-24-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Sokee
      Sokee commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it! You used blue for your color and most of your other design is white What is so handsome about this page is see how the photographs pop!

I also grew up and Michigan and then never left! LOL It is a white winterland here this winter and I love it! But there has been a handful of days of below zero, which means you really can't go outside, schools are called off. So that is not fun.

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Barbara, we have enough snow to be "annoying", but not enough to really shut everything down for any extended period of time.

Here's mine! I love green & gotta love a green tractor!

Comment

• Sokee
      Sokee commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful layout Amie, thank you so much for playing with me!

Wonderful pages everyone! I couldn't resist and had to play along too. Here's my page with shades of blue.

Comment

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-altar&cat=519

everything is from the Hello I Love You collab by the P&C designers
      Last edited by glee; 02-27-2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Sokee
        Sokee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for playing glee! I LOVE how you used all off white/tans to compliment your stunning layout!

Fun Challenge...I used Scotty Girl Design kit This Life and recoloured some of the elements to suit the challenge.

Comment

• Sokee
        Sokee commented
        Editing a comment
        I LOVE how you pulled the color right out of her sweater! such a sweet page! Thank you so much for playing with me!

Blue is definitely my happy color.

Comment

• Sokee
        Sokee commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh this is such a happy happy happy page! Thank you so much for playing with me!

Seems blue is popular - here is mine
      Last edited by Sokee; 03-02-2015, 03:47 PM.

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

• Sokee
        Sokee commented
        Editing a comment
        Another blue and white girl! And your little girl is so sweet! Thank you so much for playing! I love your long border across the page!

Here's my entry for this challenge:

And it's yet another blue one! I knew straightaway that I wanted to use these photos of my Grandson for this challenge and I recoloured the floral stamp with a blue from his top.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...y-blue&cat=519
      Last edited by Morwenna; 02-28-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Sokee
        Sokee commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect! This is Perfect! Thank you so much for playing with me!

I hope this works!! And I hope it doesn't look like green threw up on the layout lol I had so much fun going on a hunt for my happy color- green- in my stash!
      The black mat paper is just for printing purposes so I hope that's ok. Thank you for hosting!

Comment

• Morwenna
        Morwenna commented
        Editing a comment
        A lovely layout and the fresh greens are lush, reminding us that Spring is just around the corner!

• Sokee
        Sokee commented
        Editing a comment
        I LOVE it! I like that you put green for the title too!
    Working...
    X