OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | WHITE SPACE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | WHITE SPACE

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be able to host the White Space Challenge this month! I personally am a HUGE fan of white space so it is the perfect challenge for me to host.

This challenge will require you to create a layout in which a MAXIMUM of 25% (1/4) of your page's surface area is covered. Essentially, it's almost the exact opposite of our "Kitchen Sink Challenge".

Here's a look at the sample page I created for this challenge...

[ Credits: Cats - Kit and Journal Cards | by Humble And Create, You Are Here - Elements | by Dawn by Design, Repartee - Elements | by Dawn by Design, KN Font - Touch | by Karla Noel ]

Here are the general rules/requirements of this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a completely new project (digital or hybrid).
    • Your creation must only be using a MAXIMUM of 25% of the page's surface area.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on October 31, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project in this thread, copy the URL to that post and add it to the OCTOBER 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    I hope you enjoy this challenge and have fun with it. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful pages!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 10-11-2019, 12:07 PM.

The perfect challenge for me. I love white space !

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - Monthly Chronicles and Rachel Etrog Designs

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that kit, and you used it perfectly. I love the big triangles in the background.

So do I, Anne PC! Here's mine!

Deborrah in Florida
    Proud CT Member of Rachel Etrog Designs
    https://thedigiscrapper.com/

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the dotted circle around the photo, it really draws your eye around the page.

I hope that I didn't include toooooooo much pattern paper on my page to go over the 25% max. Left the rest fairly empty.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      What a cool photo. I love that the minimalism of the page really lets the photo stand out.

Does journaling count?? I am hoping this is still white space!!

Save

Save

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the creased background paper, and journaling totally doesn't have to count.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      What a cute photo, I love that you picked it for this challenge so that you could really showcase it.

thank you for the challenge .... it's for me too ♥

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome white space layout! Thanks for playing along!

These white space challenges always seem to me like they'll be so easy, but then I end up adding more and more things .... and my pages creep toward a Kitchen Sink interpretation of white space.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that date stamp! And for the record, I don't think you added too much.

Not sure how many % of my page I used but I tried to keep plenty of space empty lol

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love all of the bits here and there, but I especially love that bottom cluster. Thanks for playing along, Nini!

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...cation&cat=502

Comment

Thanks for a great challenge! I tend to be more of a "kitchen sink" scrapper, so it was nice to have to stick to the rule of 25%.

Comment

Working...
      X