OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | INSTANT REPLAY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | INSTANT REPLAY

Hey there scrappers! Welcome to October's Instant Replay Challenge! This one is easy, but leaves a lot of room for creativity and fun. All you need to do is use the same photo TWICE on your layout. As long as at least one of your photos is visible twice, you're good!

A couple of ideas to get you started - you could have a large photo in one area of layout, with smaller zoomed-in/close-up section of same photo in another area of your layout... you could use a photo in background on a mask, as well as the same photo layered on top in "photo" format... or you could use the same photo in B&W and in color, or stacking the same photos multiple times. There's lot of ways to take on this challenge, and I'm excited to see what you guys come up with.

Here's my take on the challenge. I have my photo masked and in black and white in the background as well as in color on a top layer. I actually have it a third time as the mat behind the color photo, though it's hard to tell.

For this layout I used Kim B Designs "In This Moment" and masks also by Kim B Designs from the "Alina's Closet" collection.

Here's a quick recap of the rules...
    • YOU MUST USE ONE PHOTO TWICE ON YOUR PAGE, in whatever way you choose.
    • Your page must be made using 100% TDP products.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on October 31, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your page into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project.
    • Once you've posted your page here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE THREAD.
    Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 10-11-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww so cute! Aren't pets the best? And especially fuzzy snuggles? Love the page - thank you for playing!

My photo is in there twice! The second one is clipped to a radial gradient mask behind the obvious photo.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      So am I seeing correctly that you used the same pic, semi-transparent, in the background? That looks so cool! Nice effect... great page, thanks for playing!

thank you for the challenge
    here is my page

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww look at that cute little peanut! I love the simplicity of your page -- thank you so much for playing!

I had done my layout and then re-read the rules saying you have to use the same photo twice...had to go back an make it again. Thank goodness for digi scrapping!

Comment

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks like the perfect tree for climbing!

Here's my page --

Comment

Thanks for a fun challenge! This is my page.

Comment

Such a fun challenge! I used my photo twice - once smaller and once as a larger close-up. Thanks so much!
        Deborrah in Florida
        Proud CT Member of Rachel Etrog Designs
        https://thedigiscrapper.com/

Comment

Working...
        X