OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | DIGI MORPH *** SIGN UP ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | DIGI MORPH *** SIGN UP ***

Hi everyone! I'm hosting one of my all-time fave challenges this month, the Digi-Morph! This will be your SIGN-UP thread only; we'll do the game in a new thread in a couple of days. This challenge may test your patience, but if you're up for a little scraplift inspiration and some friendly team competition - and you can create a page within a 2-3 day timeline - well, then this game is for you! If you're new to TDP and our challenges, you might be wondering what the Digi-Morph is all about, so let's do a quick re-cap.

The Digi-Morph challenge will run for several weeks (or as long as it takes for all participants to complete their layout), and the game will start on October 11, so be sure to sign up by 5:00 pm PST, October 10 if you want to participate! It's super easy to sign up. Just comment below and you are in!

After we close out sign-ups on October 10, I will do a random drawing to create the challenge teams. IMPORTANT: If you have any commitments during the month that could prevent you from being able to produce a layout in 48-72 hours, please let me know ahead of time (in your post, below) so I can try to accommodate your schedule. I offer no guarantees... but I will do my very best to make sure as many people as possible can participate!

So what, exactly, is a digi-morph? It's a scraplift game - but it is super secret (and that's the part where patience comes in). The game works like Chinese Whispers or Telephone, but instead of saying a phrase to the next person, who says it to the next and so on, we will be secretly sharing a layout. I will pick a starter layout from the TDP gallery and pass it to the first person on each team's list. Each person will create a layout - a scraplift - inspired by the page that they receive from the person above them on their team's list (or me, in the case of those at the top of the lists). How or what you choose to scraplift from the layout you receive is entirely up to you; it might be the general page design, using the same kit, the same theme ... absolutely anything goes! Once person #1 is finished with their scraplift, that person will secretly pass their layout along to the next person, who does their scraplift ... on to person #3 ... and so on. At the end of the game we will have a reveal party and show the progression of the pages. The reveal is SO.MUCH.FUN as we look at how everyone interpreted the layout they received and the twists and turns of the design and layout from one person to the next. Some of the best games have seen transitions almost all the way back to the original layout design -- and then morphing again!

NOTE: Anyone who completes their layout during the duration of the challenge throughout the month will receive credit for this challenge.

A few really important points for this challenge:

1. If you want to play, you must be able to complete your page and send it to the next person in the chain within 2-3 DAYS. This will ensure the game keeps moving along. Now, let's say "life happens" (it happens to all of us!) and you can't get your layout done in a couple of days. Just send me a TDP private message, email, or FB message, and I'll move you to the end of the list/group so you can still participate. Also, as I noted above, if you know you have something big coming up this month, please let me know so that I can try to work around your schedule as I build the teams. Please, please, please, if you sign up to participate, make sure to regularly and frequently check your PMs here or wherever you ask people to contact you. Good communication makes this game go quickly and with less stress for everyone.

2. Remember, this is a SECRET game ... there will be no sharing of layouts in ANY PUBLIC FORUM including the TDP gallery until the end and the reveal thread has been posted.

No blogs.
    No galleries.
    No public photo sharing sites.
    No social media.

This is often the most difficult part of the game for those of us who have little patience and/or made an awesome layout that is just begging to be shared ... but just wait. You can do it. I know you can!

Questions?

Let's get this party started with sign-ups below! All you have to type is, "I'm in!" Remember, spread the word - we're only doing sign-ups until the end of the day on Thursday. Game begins on Friday!

I would love to play Kat if I can be one of the first to play. I'm leaving town on Oct. 18th and won't be back until Nov. 10th. Rome, Barcelona, Athens, and Jerusalem here I come!!!
    Save

Save

Comment

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!! What a trip #jealous

I would love to be in and also one of the first pretty please?

Comment

I'm in too

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

I want to play too

Comment

I will dive in with both feet as I really love scraplifting... gives me a starting point.

Comment

I'd love to play!! I leave the country on 11/4 though hopefully we'll wrap up by then!

Comment

• Kat Hansen
                    Kat Hansen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beckie, I'll put you towards the front of the group, so you have a chance to play - no problem!

Coming down to the wire with the sign-ups ... game starts tomorrow!!

Comment

Too bad. I'm too late

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - Monthly Chronicles and Rachel Etrog Designs

Comment

Working...
                    X