OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | SHORT STORY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCTOBER 2019 CHALLENGE | SHORT STORY

Happy October everyone ! I'm very happy to host the Short Story Challenge!

The Short Story Challenge is a variation of the "journaling challenge," but with a twist! It will require participants to create a layout or project that tells a story:
    • you can either tell a story visually (through the use of a series of 3 or more photos)
    • or you can use journaling to tell that story (at least 100 words)
    Here is a layout I made where I used a series of photos...

[credits : Possible by Monthly Chronicles ; Pocket Pals Templates 12x12 | build your bundle Vol.1 by Karla Noél ; Date stamps vol.4 by Dawn by design]

I can't wait to read and see all the stories you'll be telling in your layouts !

Here are the rules of this challenge:
    • Your project must feature at least 100 words of journaling ---OR--- at least 3 photos that combine to tell a story.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on October 31st, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the OCTOBER 2019 TRACKING THREAD.

Last edited by Ga_L; 10-16-2019, 04:41 AM.

So apparently I write as much as I talk - which is a LOT! :P Here is mine which shows my son at age 12 dissecting a sheep kidney. Homeschooling is fun!

Save

Save

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      nice page, love how you documented this moment. thanks for playing

• CathQuillScrap
      CathQuillScrap commented
      Editing a comment
      Your son sounds just like mine... his favourite saying is also "did you know?"... he devoured books on facts when he was younger... now it's youtube and the like.

I think I should add an FYI here at the start - this is my baby who is now 5 years old - not a new baby on the way! And this has 109 words of journaling, I don't have any trouble getting enough words for this challenge!
    Last edited by corrin; 10-19-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      nice page ! I remember the first time I saw my first baby... thanks for sharing and playing

Such a fun challenge! Here's mine - I used one photo because the photo really told it all. Please let me know if I messed up the challenge!

Last edited by DivaMom96; 10-27-2019, 03:34 PM. Reason: I fixed the journaling to meet challenge requirements.
    Deborrah in Florida
    Proud CT Member of Rachel Etrog Designs
    https://thedigiscrapper.com/

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      love your page, but for the challenge you need to have at least 3 photos OR a journaling of 100 words (yours is a little to short)

• DivaMom96
      DivaMom96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ga_L - Ooops - I'll fix it! Thanks!

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      nice page, love the story of your photos. thanks for playing.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...change&cat=502

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      nice page, love the use of the word strips and the place of the journaling. thanks for playing.

My layout tells the story (I hope) of our clivia blooming at the beginning of September.

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      very beautiful flowers. nice shooting. thanks for playing.
Working...
X