This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPTEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE | TUTORIAL

Hello there, Stefanie here! As y'all know, with a new month comes new challenges... and I’m hosting this month’s TUTORIAL CHALLENGE.

What is the tutorial challenge, you ask?

Well... all you have to do is find TWO tips or techniques from any of our previous Tutorial Tuesday posts on The Digital Press blog... and make a layout using the techniques from those 2 tutorials! How fun is that?!

To make it easy to browse all of the many tutorials that have appeared on The Digital Press's blog (there are hundreds!)... the entire collection of tutorials is catalogued on our TDP Pinterest board for tutorials and it may be FOUND HERE. There are so many tutorial topics for you to choose from, that you will surely find something that will challenge you as a scrapper -- whether it's focused on photography, journaling, Photoshop techniques, and more!

To give you some inspiration... here's a layout that I created using the following two tutorials/tips : Tips for choosing color schemes and The dodge and burn tools

I chose to highlight the colour yellow for it's meaning of freshness, positivity and optimism.
    I loved burning and dodging the flowers to add an extra bit of depth.
    I used the TDP collab kit Punctuality.

I think that this is such a great challenge, because it helps us grow as scrappers and learn/implement some new-to-us techniques! So... go find some tutorials and let’s see your pages!

Here are the rules of this challenge:
    • Create an original layout or project using TWO of the tutorial posts found on TDP's blog (they are linked up above). You should use 2 tutorials that you haven’t used before!
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on September 30, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the SEPTEMBER 2019 TRACKING THREAD.

Last edited by Laura Passage; 09-03-2019, 12:38 PM.

So many tutorials to choose from on Pinterest! I'm going to do one that combines two photography-related subjects - The Field Blur (never knew about this option!) and Photography with Window Light. Will be back with my layout later ...

Comment

Here's my page. This is my brother's dog, who was staying with us for a few days - and Toby loved to sit on a chair and look out the living room window. Managed to capture him in the morning light with the sun coming through the window. For the field blur, I blurred out the chair he was sitting on, which has floral upholstery.

Last edited by Kat Hansen; 09-07-2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Fabulous Kat, love that you explained what you did so we can full appreciate the details. Great layout. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month.

September 2019 Tutorial Challenge
      I followed the Photo Adjustments tutorial from May 7th 2019. I have never tried editing my photos like this and found it was great to be able to zone in on just where lightness is needed.
      Here is my before and after and as Kat said the changes are subtle.

I then used Scrap outside the Kit from April 30th 2019. Another very helpful hint when using multiple kits. However adding all the elements from several kits became a little crowded so instead I copied multiple previews into a file so I could choose easier and then by zooming in I could see which elements and papers I might use.
      Here is my layout
      http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...s-Tutorial.jpg
      Last edited by nanascrapper; 09-08-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect, just beautifully done. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month and for sharing the tutorials you aced.

I used selecting a background % custom-shaped text boxes

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Fabulous Sylvia, love the monochromatic feel with the pops of blue and yellow. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month.

I chose transforming templates, used the one from the Orchard Collab and combining fonts, used two different fonts in my title

Comment

Creating Custom Torn Paper Edges & Blend Modes ... and a sneak peek at a tutorial that's coming this week!

Comment

Okay this is one of my favorite challenges because it gives me focus! Thanks to this challenge, I search for things I don't know yet which gives me a starting point for a layout. So thanks! Here is my layout and I looked at Using Group Layers to help me add papers to multiple things at once! I also used Creating a Stamped Title to learn how to make my stamp go on top of the state!

Save
          Save

Comment

Working...
          X