This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE | SCRAPLIFT

Happy August! I hope you had a blast during the Summer Camp last month, and scrapped a ton of layouts! This month we are back to our normal challenges here at The Digital Press, and I’m lucky enough to host the SCRAPLIFT CHALLENGE.

I LOVE this challenge! To me, when you scraplift someone, you are showing them how much you love their layout. There is no greater praise!

So this month we are going to scraplift ANY LAYOUT IN THE GALLERY that speaks to you. I wanted to make this challenge easy and fun since it’s the end of summer and start of school here in the US. Everyone is busy, I know... so find some delicious eye candy in the gallery, scraplift it any way that you choose, and then post the original layout AND your scraplifted version here (and your new version in the challenge gallery). Easy peasy and FUN!

I had a blast playing along, myself... and I scrapped this layout by Carrie (caliten)...

I truly love the large photo and the way she layered her smaller photos with some fun elements. I, of course, tweaked it to suit my pictures... but you can definitely still see her original design. I want to scrap like caliten one day... and this challenge helped me do just that!

*made with Tropical Vibes by Rachel Etrog Designs

Now, let’s see what you can do! Remember, you can choose ANY layout that catches your eye from the TDP Gallery. I can’t wait to enjoy all the layouts here in this thread – both the original ones AND the new ones!

Here are the rules of this challenge:
    1. Create an original layout scraplifting ANY layout in the gallery!
    2. Post your layout by 11:59pm ET on Saturday, August 31, 2019 in the challenge gallery
    3. Start a post below with both the original version AND your scraplifted layout so we can leave some love.
    4. Don't forget to track your layouts in the AUGUST 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    5. And most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by mocamom; 08-03-2019, 08:14 AM.
    Save
    Save

oooh I love a scraplift challenge, and I know straight away that I wanted to scraplift this page by LiliJ

and here is my version

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never heard of tram lines before. Oh I have seen them, but never knew there was a name. This is so cool you scrapped this!! Love how you tucked your journaling in behind the photo cluster. So pretty

Oooh,so much to choose from the in gallery! I'm going to 'lift this one from @hichchei

Last edited by Kat Hansen; 08-02-2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• hichchei
      hichchei commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay!! Thanks!! I can not wait to see it! ~ Hilary

I am going to lift this one from Sylvia
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...gether&cat=519

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...summer&cat=504
    Last edited by tiffany scraps; 08-04-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Tiffany that's so cool (get it???!!) Seriously I love your background paper. You used a patterned paper beautifully without taking away any emphasis from the photo. Fantastic lift!!

I lifted Ashley!! I love a good pocket page design.

And here is mine...using Humble & Create's "Creative Mess"

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I am jealous of your room Meagan!! I love all the photo blocks that show it off to perfection and that paint strip is so fun!

great challenge

I will lift this page by sucali

and here's my version:
    Last edited by Ga_L; 08-09-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Gaelle I love your layout. That pocket is so fun and that off set photo is so whimsical!!

hichchei

Originally posted by Kat Hansen View Post
    Oooh,so much to choose from the in gallery! I'm going to 'lift this one from hichchei chei

Here's my page!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your use of the mask Kat! It's so creative with your title work and the birds really make me just FEEL the ocean!

• hichchei
      hichchei commented
      Editing a comment
      I love this!! This is amazing! I think you did a better job then me! I am going to have to scrap-lift yours!! lol

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaw, thanks Hilary.

I lifted mrivas 's layout! I love a good pocket page (obviously)!

Here's my page ---

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ashley you are so blessed to have such great kids!! It's so neat to read his answers and I love that you scrapped this along with the cards and gifts too! Such a clean page that really highlights the photos and memorabilia!

• mrivas
      mrivas commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for choosing my page to scraplift! I love how you added photos of all the things your son made! I need to do that more often.

I lifted Marjie's page. I love her work.

And here is my page:

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh I love your mask and the way you framed your photo. Plus, that closeup of the shoes is great!!!

I was inspired by this page from Chloe

Here is mine.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Jennifer that sparkly trim paired with the lace is great! I loved the way you used it to divide the two pages. That is the sweetest picture ever of you two!!!

I lifted one from Robin (Mocamom)

and here's mine:

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww Donna thank you for lifting my page!!! I must say, I love the way you added the string and attached the photos with staples. I am going to go back and add that to mine!!!

great challenge ♥

I lifted *beach life by corrin*

here is my page

Comment

I lifted this one from Tiffany

here is my version

Comment

Working...
      X