JUNE 2019 CHALLENGE | ALL ABOUT DAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUNE 2019 CHALLENGE | ALL ABOUT DAD

Hello fellow scrappers! I'm here this month to bring you the All About Dad Challenge for June 2019.

Guys, I'm kind of really excited to be hosting this challenge this year. In March, my husband and I welcomed our first son into the world and we are now proud proud parents. I'm telling you, Mother's Day was literally better than my birthday! We've been waiting a loooong time, so it's even sweeter to gaze into our new baby boy's eyes. I mean heck, we don't even mind the poopy diapers (well, not ALL the time!). So now to have my hubby be able to celebrate, like I did, means so much to us.

Since this will be my family's first Father's Day, I'm going to add a little twist into the challenge. While the basic challenge is to create a layout using all TDP products whose subject matter is your Dad, or any role model in your life, the twist is to scrap about your FIRST memories with the person you choose to create a page about. Maybe it's a memory that has become a tradition over years... maybe it's something that makes you laugh to this day... maybe you're like me and celebrating your first Father's Day. Whatever it is, share it with us!

Here's the page that I created to give inspiration. I created mine in the form of a letter from my son to his Daddy for a little bit something extra!

[ this page uses ninigoesdigi's "Family Album - Dad" kit ]

The Official Rules:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid).
    • The subject matter of your project must be about a father -- either your own father, or someone else's father (any male/father role model in your life).
    • You must share some of your first memories with that person in your project.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on June 30, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project in this thread, copy the URL to that post and add it to the JUNE 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 06-01-2019, 12:53 PM.

It is hard to remember the first memory that I had with my Dad. It is especially hard right now since I have been looking at old pictures created from slides that my brother has scanned. So, I wrote about my dad taking me to the neighborhood park.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww I love it! Don't you just love happy childhood memories like that? Thanks for sharing & playing along with this challenge!

I made this page about my husband. He has been helping me with IT stuff since before there was internet!!! Wow, does THAT make me feel old

Save
    Save

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha we have such similar husbands! Great page and great journaling... thanks for giving us a peek into your world and your favorite guy!

My memories of Dad:

Last edited by barbaraj; 06-24-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      What a sweet picture! Thank you so much for playing! I have to ask... what kit did you use to make this page? Such lovely colors, I hadn't seen it before!

• barbaraj
      barbaraj commented
      Editing a comment
      I used Found by creshens. It's in the credits in the gallery. It is unusual isn't it?

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes, I totally know it now... thanks! Such a unique kit -- great page!

I don't have photos of me and my dad as he left us when I was 5 (44 now) He was never my "Dad" But my kids have wonderful father's. This is my son. My baby! I believe these are the things he will remember about his dad!! They love riding there matching bikes!!!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sensing a bike riding theme - love it! Great collection of memories... thanks for playing!

Here's mine. All about my dad!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow... now THAT is love. Your dad must be an amazing man. Thank you for playing... great page!

Thank you for the challenge... This is my Dad and his parents, they have all been gone along time I so miss them...

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...e-2019&cat=519

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that this craft helps preserve wonderful memories and especially wonderful photos from years gone by so we can remember those that came before us. Thanks for playing along!

great challenge ... my dad ♥ and me

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a simple yet so very sweet page. Love the photo - thanks for playing along!

Scrapping one of my first memories of my husband as a father. It was a fun trip down memory lane, thank you!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      I have loooooooved seeing my husband turn into a father so I know how sweet this can be. Great page... thank you so much for playing!

TDP June 2019 All About Dad Challenge

Comment

Working...
    X