APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE | QUESTIONABLE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE | QUESTIONABLE

Welcome to the April 2019 QUESTIONABLE CHALLENGE! This is my first hosting of a challenge at The Digital Press! It's great to be here, and I hope you'll find this challenge as inspirational as I have!

For this challenge, you will need to take a look at this blog post about The Best 55 Questions To Ask To Break The Ice And Really Get To Know Someone... and then pick at least one of the questions to use as the subject of your page. You may ask the question(s) to someone else, or scrap about yourself.

For my page, I selected the questions "Where is your happy place?", "What's your guilty pleasure?" and "What's been on my mind lately?"

Here's a look at what I made...

[ credits: the new Frivolity Collection by Anita Designs was perfect to document that my happy place is out and about in the fresh air with my guilty pleasure of something yummy and the fact that I seem to be searching for peace a lot lately ]

And for the fine print of this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid layout) with at least one of the questions on The Best 55 Questions To Ask To Break The Ice And Really Get To Know Someone link as the subject of your page.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products, and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on April 30, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the APRIL 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun ... and I can't wait to see your pages!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 04-01-2019, 01:45 PM.

I will take a look at the questions...

Comment

Such fun questions! I'm not sure which one to pick.

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know... so much choice, hey?!

I had so much fun pondering this one, but in the end, it was the photo that drove me to the question I ended up using. I asked the same question five times: What brought you here? So I asked (swapping out a different geographical name, drilling down from foreign country to the name of the beach where the photo was taken) and explained (since this is a page for a travel/vacation album) how we ended up on this little strip of beach in a foreign country that wasn't hard to find at the time, but took me a bit of searching to find the name of when I went to scrap it ten months after we visited.

And since I know the journaling is hard to read (I go with small so that when I print in 12x12 the text isn't MASSIVE):

What brought us to Scotland? Wanderlust. Cheap airfares from Denver to London. Bucket list.
      What brought us to the Highlands? Curiosity. A desire to see in person a place that we'd heard so much about.
      What brought us to the Western Isles? The desire to get away, to experience a place that seemed wild and untouched.
      What brought us to Isle of Skye? Lots of internet research and tempting photos. A cute little Air BnB.
      What brought us to this strip of sand on Staffin Bay? A lazy drive on the Trotternish Loop. A spur of the moment turn off the main road. A request to find a beach with sand. An opportunity to pull off the road, to take off our shoes, to splash in the cold water, to gaze out across the bay, to just breathe slowly and take in the view. This moment. This moment is what brought us here.
      Last edited by caliten; 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow! I love the big photo and how you've incorporated your journaling! Thanks for playing along!

I went with what is my favorite 90's TV show. For me it was friends.

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awwww... Friends! Loved that show! Love your take on the challenge!

I hope to get to Hawaii this year
      http://
      Last edited by lm44west; 04-28-2019, 06:09 PM.

Mary

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my goodness! That looks like paradise! Love the little cluster of flowers and the repetitive circles - thanks so much for playing along!

Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self?

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now ain't that the truth! Love the yellow and grey colour combination and thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!

Here's mine:

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gosh, I can hear those waves! This is gorgeous - thank you so much for playing along with the challenge!

Thanks Liz, this was fun.

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the colours here Jheri - such a striking page - thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!

I choose the question for myself - What’s the first concert you attended?

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, what a terrific double pager! You've really captured the concert vibe and I love the photo series! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!

Comment

• lizziet5
        lizziet5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like that advice! It's so appropriate for everything, hey?! I love the big photo - thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!

For the question "What are you reading?

Thanks for the link up to the questions, I found that to be incredibly inspirational and am sure there will be more pages and stimulating conversations coming from them.

Comment

An awesome page Stefanie! I love where the challenge took you - thanks so much for playing along!

Comment

for the question: What’s been on your mind lately?

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...ter-is&cat=519

Comment

• lizziet5
            lizziet5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful Tiffany! Thank you so much for playing along with the challenge!
        Working...
        X