X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmieN1
    started a topic APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE | TECHNIQUE

APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE | TECHNIQUE

Welcome to April, and to this month's TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE!

For this challenge, I want you to focus on using cut-outs on your layouts. You must create a layout or project using at least 3 cut-outs. ***NOTE*** you cannot use a template that uses cut-outs in order to 'create' your cut-outs... you must create your own! There are many ways to make cut-outs in various software programs. We even have a Tutorial Tuesday article you can refer to here: Creating A Cut-Out. It does not matter which method you chose, as long as there are the required 3 cut-outs. Fun huh!?

For my layout, I used stickers from a kit & added an inner shadow to create my cut-outs. I also added a small bevel to the edges. Here's a look...
    [ credits -- Kit: Frivolity by Anita Designs ]

And for the fine print:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid layout) with at least 3 cut-outs. You are more than welcome to post how you made your cut-out effect, but not required.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products, and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on April 30, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the APRIL 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 04-01-2019, 02:06 PM.

• AmieN1
    commented on 's reply
    SO great Sylvia! I LOVE the quotation marks!

• sylvia
    replied
    great challenge

Leave a comment:

• AmieN1
    commented on 's reply
    HI! So in the linked tutorial (http://www.thedigitalpress.co/tutori...ing-a-cut-out/) I used the 1st method. I applied an inner shadow & a small bevel. The border & flower sticker I used already had the sticker border around it- I just applied the above style to make it look cut out. hope that helps!

• AmieN1
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect! Thanks for playing along!

• gwany1999
    replied
    Originally posted by AmieN1 View Post
    Welcome to April, and to this month's TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE!

For this challenge, I want you to focus on using cut-outs on your layouts. You must create a layout or project using at least 3 cut-outs. ***NOTE*** you cannot use a template that uses cut-outs in order to 'create' your cut-outs... you must create your own! There are many ways to make cut-outs in various software programs. We even have a Tutorial Tuesday article you can refer to here: Creating A Cut-Out. It does not matter which method you chose, as long as there are the required 3 cut-outs. Fun huh!?

For my layout, I used stickers from a kit & added an inner shadow to create my cut-outs. I also added a small bevel to the edges. Here's a look...
    [ credits -- Kit: Frivolity by Anita Designs ]

And for the fine print:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid layout) with at least 3 cut-outs. You are more than welcome to post how you made your cut-out effect, but not required.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products, and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on April 30, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the APRIL 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    ANy steps on how to get cut out shapes like you've done, the fancy border and around the flowers is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• lm44west
    replied
    Here is mine.

http://
    Last edited by lm44west; 04-28-2019, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dalis
    replied
    Amie, I love the idea of the shadow to get the look!

Leave a comment:

• AmieN1
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect! I love the random rectangles & your fun photos! Thanks for playing!

• Dragonhome
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AmieN1
    commented on 's reply
    Your layout is gorgeous Jheri! I see what you're saying now! Thanks for playing along!
    Last edited by AmieN1; 04-11-2019, 12:40 PM.

• Anne PC
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you AmieN1

• AmieN1
    commented on 's reply
    Gorgeous Anne! Thanks for playing along!

• Jheri
    replied
    Here is mine

Last edited by Jheri; 04-11-2019, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Anne PC
    replied
    Thanks for this fun challenge

Leave a comment:

Working...
X