APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE | SPRING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE | SPRING

Hello, and welcome to the SPRING CHALLENGE!

Does it feel like Spring in your part of the world yet? Over here in England, our clocks just went forward an hour and there are blossoms on the trees and spring flowers around -- and I am loving the spring sunshine too!

The challenge I have for you this month -- the SPRING CHALLENGE -- is to make a brand new page/project that uses the letters of the word "SPRING" to choose the colours for your page/project. It doesn't actually have to be a spring-themed page... you can use any theme/topic you want to use... but the colours on your page need to begin with the letters S, P, R, I, N and G.

For example, I have made a page using these colours...

Each colour I have used, begins with a letter from the word SPRING. You can use the colours I have chosen, or you can choose a totally different set of colours; for example you could go for Sapphire, Puce, Royal Blue, Indigo, Navajo White and Gold - or any other combination of colours, as long as the colours begin with letters that make the word SPRING.

Here is the page I made as an example...

[ credits - I used Designed by Irma - Spring Time Template; Dawn by Design - Bite Me, Sans Serif Alpha & Stamped and Stenciled Alpha; Sugarplum Paperie - Just Add Sparkle; Mari Koegelenberg Creations - Rawr Like A Dinosaur ]

I am excited to see what your colour combinations will be! I had a few different ideas before I started putting my page together, so I hope you will have fun playing with all the different colours, and finding what works for your spring page but don't forget to list your colours when you post your page here.

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid) that uses colours which begin with the letters in the word SPRING (please list the colours you chose to use when you post your page!).
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on April 30, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the APRIL 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Most of all ... have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 04-01-2019, 01:42 PM.

Hhhmm, thinking ...

Comment

Okay, so this might be a stretch, but here goes -- S - Seafoam, P - Pink, R - Rose, I - Ivory (layered that color over my background paper and picture frames -- but there's still some white in the patterned papers #fail), N - Navy Blue, G - Gold Green (depending on how I look at it, I think green ... then gold ... I can't decide )

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        aww it is gorgeous Kat! Thanks for playing along

Here's mine using:
      S Sandy Brown
      P Pumpkin
      R Robin Egg Blue
      I Ivory
      N Navy Blue
      G Green

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        cute, adn so much fun Barbara! Thanks for playing along!

Boy I didn't know there were so many names for colors!!! I think I used Silver Grey, Pink, Red, Iris Purple, Naples Yellow, and plain old Green!

Save

Save

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        I know this is a challenge with an education too! lol! And your page is lovely, thanks for joining in!

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! I sat here and Googled "colors beginning with ... " LOL

This one has me a bit stunned. I bet google can help! LOL!!!

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        lol, yes google can help, and Wikipedia has a good list alphabetical list of colours too! Hope you find some that you can work with, I'd love to see what you do

S – Shades of Orange (Flowers and Background)
      P – Pink (Flowers)
      R – Red-violet (Flowers and Title)
      I – Iceberg Blue (Flowers)
      N – Naples yellow (Flowers and Banner)
      G – Green (Flowers)

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        look at that little line up in their co-ordinated outfits, such wonderful photos! I have a few photos like that of my siblings and I love them! Thanks for joining in with the challenge, that Naples (green or yellow) is proving to be a really handy colour isn't it!

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...and-me&cat=504

silver, pink, red, ivory, navy, green

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a beautiful white space page, and yet you have all the colours on it! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along Tiffany!

Silver | Pink | Red | Ivory | Navy | Grey

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        so sweet! I love the white space page design with those beautiful softening elements scattered around! thanks for playing along

Salmon, pink, red, ivory, navy, grey

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        lol, great title! A lovely, clean page, with all the colours looking effortless! Thanks for playing along

Coming up with creative color names is half the fun of this one!

S - satsuma (orange)
      P - peach
      R - russet (various shades of brown, like those in potato skins)
      I - ivory
      N - nautical blue
      G - ginger (like the outer skin of fresh ginger, aka tan)

Comment

Working...
      X