MARCH 2019 CHALLENGE | MIX IT UP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARCH 2019 CHALLENGE | MIX IT UP

Hello Ladies and Gents! Welcome to March and a new month of challenges! I'm Angi (aka Jazz2000), here to host this month's Mix It Up Challenge!

All that is required for this challenge... is to create a project (digital layout, hybrid project, etc.) that uses papers and elements from at least 3 completely different kits. That's right, mix it up!

You may choose to use any product currently for sale at The Digital Press that can be found in the "Digital Kits" category in the shop.

Here's a look at my own example layout (details below)...

This past Christmas, I went to Downtown Detroit to see the Christmas Lights (and do some shopping). I wanted my layout to reflect Christmas lights, specifically, and something regarding a city feel. I used elements and papers from the following 3 kits -- Downtown by ninigoesdigi... All is Bright by Little Lamm Paper Co... and Colorful Christmas, one of the TDP Designer Collaborations.

For example, the Merry & Bright journal card looking item, I used a background paper from Downtown, the string from Colorful Christmas and the bulb elements from All is Bright.

I have a friend who gave her husband a surprise birthday party at their local country club and the guys played golf. I could find a specific kit that features a guy birthday with golf and country club elements. But I could mix up parts of a birthday kit with a boy/man kit and an outdoor kit.

Maybe you have some photos that you couldn't find just the right kit you needed to scrap them. This is the challenge to mix up some kits (at least 3) and match them to those pics. Your project doesn't necessarily have to be this way - it's just a suggestion. I know you scrappers are creative!

Here are the general rules/requirements:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid).
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on March 31, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project in this thread, copy the URL to that post and add it to the MARCH 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge! Happy Scrappin' and I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 03-01-2019, 04:52 PM.

fun challenge

Comment

TDP March 2019 Mix It Up Challenge.

3 kits used Milestones by Anita's Designs. Nightshade by Anita's Designs. Plant a Seed Mini Kit by Calista's Stuff.
      Template is an old freebie from 2016 by Akizo.

Comment

• Jazz2000
        Jazz2000 commented
        Editing a comment
        awesome job! Such an amazing page. I love how you pulled the right elements/papers from 3 kits to work together.

• gwany1999
        gwany1999 commented
        Editing a comment
        So pretty. I love the doodle lines on the strips of paper.

february stuff by rachel etrog designs | hello happiness by tracie stroud | reach for the stars by sugarplum paperie

Comment

• gwany1999
        gwany1999 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the pops of yellow on the page. So lovely

• Jazz2000
        Jazz2000 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic layout! Amazing that you made a white space layout with 3 kits!

Used: Documenting March, Fortunate, and Make it Count from February, March, and May 2018

Comment

I DID IT!!! I mixed kits together!!!! You laugh, but this is HUGE for me! Okay, I'm calm now Here is my layout using Boys & Their Toys, And the Pursuit of Happiness, and Another Tailgate - all by our own fearless leader Laura Passage! I also used an Essentials alphabet by Dunia Designs and the Photo Addict 8 template by Akizo Designs. Whew!!! Thank you for this challenge and forcing me to get out of my comfort zone!!

Save
        Save

Comment

Here's one from me:

Comment

Nina Goes Digi: Make a Change, AIJSAI and Happy Winter Days kits

Comment

I used pieces from Rachel Etrog's Botanical Spring Travelers Papers, A Boy Life, and March Stuff.

----- HILLARY -----

Comment

Working...
              X