FEBRUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | OUT OF POCKET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEBRUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | OUT OF POCKET

Hi everyone! Barbara here, bringing you a fun February challenge -- the Out Of Pocket Challenge!

Our designers create so very many journal cards for us to use when we're creating our scrapbook pages and projects. Sure, they're amazing to use on our weekly pocket/project life pages... but your challenge this month is to create a page that focuses on using journal cards but NOT a traditional pocket/project life-style page.

The rules for this challenge are simple:

1. Create a layout or hybrid project that uses at least 5 journal/pocket cards but is NOT a typical pocket-style / project life-style page.
    2. Use 100% TDP product on your layout or project.

That's it. Fun and easy, right?!

Here's a really fun example page made by creative team member Hillary, using her 5 cards in a really non-traditional/non-pocket way...

...and here's another example page I created for this challenge, which uses a more blocked style (similar to the actual pocket page style), but in a more minimalist way that doesn't fill the entire page (a la pocket protectors, etc.)...

Now that you've got a few ideas/examples in your head... we can't wait to see what you'll come up with! The possibilities are just endless!

Once you've created your layout/project:

1. Load your layout/project in the CHALLENGE GALLERY no later than 11:59pm ET February 28, 2019.
    2. Once you've loaded your layout/project in the challenge gallery, leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page.
    3. After you've posted your layout/project in this thread, copy the URL of that post and add it to the FEBRUARY 2019 TRACKING THREAD.

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 02-01-2019, 05:33 PM.
    Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
    Save

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      The cards tucked around the photos are great, great way to show all the feels in the cards.

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the way you tucked the cards behind the photos!

I thought this was going to be tricky (I am more of a 1 card girl usually!), but it was fun to do! Thanks for the challenge
    Last edited by corrin; 02-05-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your page & fun collection of cards. I like that some of the snowflakes and words are cut out. Super cute!

I've played too

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the B/W photo paired with the muted colors and the dark blue!

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-do-it&cat=519

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Great page Tiffany! I like the way you used a path for the text and the way you placed your photo on the clipboard. Perfect!

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      I had no idea you had a nursing background - cool!

Thanks, I really enjoyed playing along with the challenge, I usually have my cards in a grid or inside pockets, this was freeing and fun.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I love all the angles with the photos and cards! Great page!

Here's mine:

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      What a fun page Donna! Those cards are perfect. What a great life those kitties have!

My take..first time i ever used journal cards

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      They look awesome! I love the cut out puzzle piece with the grass showing through.

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Super cute! I love the thick white frames and that great flowy title.

There are 7 in mine ... a few have only a tiny little bit showing.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome page Carrie! I love that full page photo ... and way your family is reflected in the water! Great take on the challenge!

Catching up on challenges before I start my new job (yay!) -- here I used five journal cards from Dunia ... and other than a little additional stitching (from Creashens), everything else comes from the cards:

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      What a cute page Kat! I hope the move went well & you're enjoying being back "home" again!

Fun challenge!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your page Barbara! I love the coloring with the pinks, blues and greens. Thanks for playing!

Really fun Challenge Barbara

Comment

Working...
    X