X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caliten
    started a topic JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | IN SHAPE

JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | IN SHAPE

Hey all! I'm here with a new challenge for you -- the In Shape Challenge.

For this challenge you are required to create a layout or project that uses only one shape for all items that are included. For instance if a circle is chosen, then all photo spots need to be circles -- all paper pieces should be circles -- all word art pieces should be circles -- journaling should be in a circle shape -- embellishments should be (generally) circular in shape (such as flowers, or buttons, etc.). And so on... and so on.

I chose circle for my shape (go figure) .... and I just realized that even my pictures were taken while spinning around in circles (it's totally not a requirement that your pictures are about the shape you choose, just that they're "cut" in whatever shape you choose) ....

So... let's do a quick review of the rules, and then you can get started on this challenge!

THE RULES:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid) that uses only one shape for all items that are included.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 31, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the JANUARY 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Most of all ... have fun!
    Last edited by caliten; 01-09-2019, 09:04 PM.

• Dragonhome
    replied
    I am not a big fan of round pictures on a layout. But with the pictures I used, circles were the right choice. These are pictures of me at about 7 months old.

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    Circles work! And what a cutie!

• tiffany scraps
    replied
    Here is mine. I wanted to try and do a different shape than a circle to mix things up a bit but after an hour of stuggle I switched to circles too.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...t-sigh&cat=519

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    That is a cool idea and inspiration! And a great photo too!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Ouch!! What a trooper.

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    Got my page finished! Love this technique of using a light 'flare' (already in photoshop! bonus!) - to create the circle design

Leave a comment:

• corrin
    commented on 's reply
    circles are a nice change form the usual aren't they! I love your page, and the lace with vintage photos - perfect!

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect! Loving all the layering too!

• kelleyhays
    replied
    Here's my page! I obviously chose circles too, just since normally I scrap squares or rectangles!

Leave a comment:

• kelleyhays
    replied
    Oh this is such a cool challenge - I've never done anything like it!

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    Oh my goodness! I hope he's okay! And I love your page!!

• corrin
    replied
    Dawn by Design just released a bunch of templates and when I saw this one, I knew I would choose circles too! - so here is my page...
    Last edited by corrin; 01-13-2019, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Kat. I struggled a bit with the photos .... they were taken on the ride while we were going in and out of bright sunlight, so some were kind of washed out and others were a bit dark, but Hillary suggested black and white and it really helped to unify them.

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    Carrie, those photos are perfect for circles! So glad that's the shape you chose ... I have something in mind with a technique that I love to use using digital sun flairs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X