JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | WINTER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | WINTER

Happy New Year! I am not quite used to writing 2019 yet, but I hope that by end of the month I will have got the hang of it!

This month I am bringing you a new (and hopefully fun!) challenge to try -- the WINTER challenge -- in which you need to make a brand new project/layout using colours that start with the letters found in the word "WINTER".

For example you could use W - Wheat, I - Ivory, N - Navy, T - Turquoise, E - Emerald, and R - Red. You could use any colour that starts with these letters, just make sure to tell me which colours you are using for each letter.

I chose the following colours...

...and here is the page I made using them...

[Credits: Anita Designs - Make It Count December, The Monthly Chronicles - Rejoice and Rachel Hodge - Winter Time Set and Hello 2018]

I love the pop of red on the "nature-y" other colours, and I can't wait to see what colours you will choose for your page. Feel free to use any colours that suit your photo or theme, just make sure that they start with the letters of "WINTER".

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid) that uses colours that begin with the letters of WINTER.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 31, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the JANUARY 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Most of all ... have fun!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 01-07-2019, 04:38 PM.

stunning challenge and I love the example page.

Comment

I was so amused by iced green grape that I stole it!

W = winter white
      I = iced green grape
      N = nautical blue
      T = tarnished silver (or maybe translucent silver is more appropriate as it's really pale)
      E = ebony
      R = red-orange (not to be confused with orange-red)

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        very cool page Carrie, and a winters photo for a winter challenge! thanks for playing along.

Here is mine.

W = Wheat
      I = Ivory
      N = Nickel
      T = Turquoise
      E = Ebony
      R = Red Orange (crayola version) LOL

I am not sure where all of the orange color is coming from in the red orange. Just move along, nothing to see here. LOL

Last edited by Hillary; 01-19-2019, 11:49 PM.

My Gallery

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        it is a great a great page Hillary but I might have to question your red-orange, it looks more like "Royal orange" to me! *wink*!

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        corrin Yes, that is totally what I meant. LOL

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...b-love&cat=519

Might be a stretch: White Indigo Nickel Turquoise Ebony Red

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        lovely page design, and sweet flower clusters, I love it Tiffany! Thanks for playing along

Colors:

W - White
      I - Iris
      N - Nadeshiko pink
      T - Tangerine
      E - Electric violet - pale
      R - Robin Egg Blue

Last edited by corrin; 01-26-2019, 09:36 AM. Reason: just linking your page to the gallery, hope you don't mind!

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        she really is tu tu cute! I love the pretty colours, and I love the watercolour paint on the background paper. Thanks for joining in with the challenge, you got some clever colours in there!

I had to have a go to!! I need to scrap more so hopefully one of my new year resolutions will continue again in February lol

Here are my color picks:

W-hite
      I-vory
      N-avy blue
      T-an
      E-arnstead
      R-asberry Red

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        aww, cute picture, and I love all the layers of paint and doodles etc, it looks great! Love the colours too Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
    Working...
    X