Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | ONE-TO-TWELVE (JAN)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | ONE-TO-TWELVE (JAN)

Happy New Year everyone -- and hi from "down under" and some hot summer temperatures! Super-excited to be back online, scrapping again, and chatting up things in the TDP community.

To get us all started, I'm here with a new challenge that will run the entire year, the One-to-Twelve Challenge. This month we've got the One-to-Twelve JANUARY edition!

Each month, we'll up the ante and have you adding multiples of each - and every - item on your page (look out, December! ...because it will be 12 of everything!). But let's start with something much easier, shall we? It's January, the first month of the year, so this month's challenge is to use one, and only one, of each item that you choose to use on your layout. You can use whatever you like, but remember, just one of each -- so only one flower, only one paper, only one photo... etc. Anything that goes on the layout is fine -- as long as there's only one.

Here's a look at my own page for this challenge...

I used one each of the following: photo, frame, string element (the airplane is part of that element), button, wordstrip, one piece of cork, handwritten/doodled element, ribbon, tab, postcard, heart, paint, and flower. I also did a one-word title, just to keep with the one-item theme (optional, of course).

Want to play along? Just remember: One.

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid) that includes only one of each item on your page or project.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 31, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the JANUARY 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Most of all ... have fun!
    Last edited by Kat Hansen; 01-07-2019, 06:14 PM.

awesome challenge Kat.

I used 1 of each: Background paper, journal card, flower, leaf stem, ric-rac, stitching, staple cluster, bean scatter, doily, wordstrip, date tag, string and title wordart.

Comment

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, Stefanie, you were quick!! Is that a lake near you? It looks so peaceful.

so fun !

Comment

Originally posted by Ga_L View Post
      so fun !
      I know, right! I can't wait to see who hangs with us the entire year and gets all the pages done - I'm actually looking forward to the latter part of the year when the numbers ramp up!

Comment

okay, one solid paper, one patterned paper, one button, one brad, one photo, one journaling card, one stitch (the stitches on the frame were included by the designer ... the frame, stitches, corner tag and lower tag are all a single layer), one stamp (that month {1} is all one piece), one line of journaling (in just one font), one date stamp, and one word art strip (BEGIN. - it's actually covering up the Week 1 stamp on the frame).

Comment

• Kat Hansen
          Kat Hansen commented
          Editing a comment
          Braces in someone's future?

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe, maybe not, Kat Hansen. Expanders first to make enough room for his front teeth to come in, then if they're still needed, braces after he does some more growing.

I think this is the coolest challenge! I can't wait until we get to December! I'll be back with my page- but man- 1 is going to be tough for me!

Comment

• Kat Hansen
          Kat Hansen commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! I think the latter months are going to be a challenge - fun, but a challenge ... mid-year will be my sweet spot.

Thanks for the fun challenge.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-party&cat=519

Comment

• Kat Hansen
          Kat Hansen commented
          Editing a comment
          Love how everything is off to the side on this one, Tiffany.

I can't wait to see where we all end up in December with this challenge. What a neat idea!! Here's mine using Fresh Start by Cornelia Designs.

I used 1 background, 1 frame, 1 mat, 1 edge, 1 photo, 1 flower, 1 string, 1 title, 1 journaling box, 1 tag, and 1 flair
        Save
        Save

Comment

• Kat Hansen
          Kat Hansen commented
          Editing a comment
          I have this kit! I'm using it for the In-Shape challenge!

Ooh very fun!! I'm a newbie here (though I joined in 2015 lol). I'm super excited to jump into your challenge!

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          kelleyhays Welcome back, I hope you join in!

kelleyhays welcome ... back? LOL!! Hope you'll jump right in

Comment

Here's my page!! I listed everything I used in my credits in the gallery.

Comment

I had to have a go at this... at least while it is still little numbers lol. I hope I got it right but let me know if it's not. In my head, everything is 1 of each but maybe it doesn't look like that lol

Comment

OK I finally finished mine. I have:

1 background paper, 1 paint splat, 1 snowflake, 1 date label, 1 wordstrip, 1 word art, 1 staple, 1 string 1 journal card/tag, 1 stitch, 1 button, geo tag, one sentence of journaling, and my date.

My Gallery

Comment

Love seeing all the layouts - keep 'em coming!

Comment

Working...
                X