This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE | JOURNALING

Happy new year everyone! Gaelle here... welcoming you to the January 2019 Journaling Challenge!

It's not a secret, I love journaling a little on my pages. I think it's a good way to finish a page and/or explain a picture. But long journaling is not always easy.
    That's why this month we're challenging you to do just that!

To participate in this challenge, you will include the "5W's" (who, what, when, where, why) of journaling on your layout, using at least 100 words.

The journaling doesn't have to be extensive or "essay length" -- and your journaling can be in any style you like (paragraph format, list format... etc.), as long as there are at least 100 words (not including the page title) on the layout. Don't forget that the journaling is here to capture the story for the sake of memory-keeping.

Here's my page, as an example (and you can see that I actually included the 5W's as prompts on my page; which is optional)...

[credits : Week-end by Monthly Chronicles ; Date stamps vol.2 and Time stamps by Dawn by designs ; Touch - font by Karla Noél ; Hello my name is - font by Miss Tiina]

[my journaling : When ? It was during the holidays. Where ? It was at Espace Culturel in our town. Who ? Alexandre, Maximilien & me. What ? We meet Loup. Why ? We love this story character. And when we learned that he was coming to our city, we should be present to meet him. We had to wait him because he wasn’t ready when we came at the store. But few minutes later, he was there. He was big, so big ; he was touching the signs on the shelves. First Maximilien wasn’t very reassured but finaly he came and I took a picture. Alexandre was proud to be with his friend Loup. We have all of his stories and we love reading them. It was really a nice moment. Unfortunalety Loup can’t write and sign autographs, but he gave use some chocolate candies. (130 words)]

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid layout, etc.) that includes at least 80 to 100 words of journaling on the page, excluding the page title.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products, and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 31, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the JANUARY 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Enjoy it, see where it takes you!
    Last edited by Ga_L; 01-09-2019, 05:38 AM.

I love journaling challenges too, but I'm not sure I always include all 5 Ws. I'll be back with a page soon!

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't wait to see your page and I'm sure you will use the 5 W's

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...member&cat=519

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      gorgeous page, love the choices of fonts and how you highlighted the 5W. great design and the tickets are a nice touch. thanks for playing

Fun! I'm excited to try a page using the 5Ws!

Comment

Here's mine (my 5 W's are included in the journaling as follows: Who: Sonny and I, What: NightGarden, When: shown on date tag, Where: Fairchild Gardens, Coral Gables, Why: date night)

Comment

112 words (!) quasi-bullet style .... journaling reads:

The four of us, intrepid travelers, curious wanderers, adventurers.

An evening hike to the top of Rubh’ a’ Chairn Leith.

Near Kilmuir, or maybe Kilvaxter, or whatever they call this tiny little hamlet along the one-lane road north of Uig.

Why? To climb through ankle-deep grass, dodging cow pies and piles of sheep poop, and huge, nasty black slugs that looked like alien invaders. To get to the top of a 246- foot hill that felt like the top of the world. To watch the sun set over the Little Minch. Why climb this hill? Because it’s there. Because we can. Because we’re in Scotland, on the gorgeous Isle of Skye!

Comment

Here's mine - took my Mum to the ballet yesterday ... so much fun.

Comment

Working...
          X