This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOVEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | ART JOURNALING

Hello everyone, Gaelle here... welcoming you to the November 2018 ART JOURNALING CHALLENGE!

When I think about what "Art Journaling" is, I think it's a way to express yourself with a word, a quote, colors and without rules.

If you know me, you know that I'm a memory-keeper and want to scrap all the everyday life moments; but when I want to scrap a very personal emotion, I choose the art journaling style.

So for this month's edition of this challenge... your task is to make an expressive layout, with no explanation, and no lengthy journaling at all (stick to a title, use word strips or word art if you need them, but don't journal in the traditional sense of writing sentences or using lists).

Easy peasy... ;-)

TIPS:
    1. Take a moment to sit somewhere comfortable. Relax a bit, close your eyes and just think back over the last week, the last month, or even the last year. Think about the experiences you have had, with friends, with family, or by yourself. These might be pleasant experiences, or frightening, don't try to sort, just let them come.
    2. As you think and remember, write down any words that come to mind. It can be single words or phrases, whatever words you associate with the memories you were recalling.
    3. Take as long as you need, or want to come up with words that express the experiences you remembered.
    4. When you are finished, look back at your list of words and phrases, and choose one that you would like to illustrate.
    5. Take time to make a layout, a card, or a hybrid project that illustrates that word and captures the experiences that you recalled. You can include photos if you like, or leave it without. You can make your project full to bursting, or minimal in nature. You can use paint and grunge, or simple papers and elements. Create your page to reflect your own style, while illustrating your word. Then come back and share your creation with us.
    After doing this process myself I chose the word THANKFUL

Here's my page as an example :

[credits : Collaged Volume 2 and Randomly | Stamps & Brushes by Dawn by Design ; A Time For Change - Kit and Beautiful Mess no. 1 by Tracie Stroud ; Project Twenty Fifteen | October Add-On Paint by Laura Passage ; Olden Day Blends : Papers (retired) by KimB Designs ; font The sticks by Karla Noél ]

So now it is your turn. I can't wait to see what you do!

And don't forget the RULES:
    • Your layout must illustrate the word you chose from the exercise above. PLEASE VISIBLY INCLUDE YOUR WORD ON YOUR PAGE SOMEWHERE!
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you might need), and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on November 30th, 2018
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the NOVEMBER 2018 | TRACKING THREAD.
    • And have fun, of course!

Last edited by Ga_L; 11-03-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      amazing page, love how you used all the words on your page but so sad when I read them... send you big hugs

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...alance&cat=519

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      amazing page, love the zen feeling. thanks for playing

I created an ATC for this art journaling challenge:

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      nice ATC, love the use of the mask

I created a JC for this challenge. Details in my gallery. Sorry the upload looks so huge ... yikes!

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      nice card, thanks for playing

• jaharvey
      jaharvey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ga_L. Every time I look at this, it makes me smile. I'll use it on a full layout soon.

Documenting some big life changes - with one key word: Hope

Comment

This is an ATC.

Comment

Well, on Oct 16 I fell and broke my hip. I could go on and on about this but thankfully, for you, here's my art journal concept of it!

Comment

Working...
        X