OCTOBER 2018 CHALLENGE | SPECIAL EDITION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCTOBER 2018 CHALLENGE | SPECIAL EDITION

Well DSD may have come and gone (boo!), but the fun continues here at The Digital Press with another favouite challenge of mine, the Special Edition Challenge. For this challenge, you need to make a new page or project that uses 100% products from at least two (2) different designers in the October 2018 Special Edition collection here at TDP.

This month the Special Edition is full of gorgeous blues and green, with just a little deep pink or orange too, I love it!

I chose to make a page about posing for photos (after carving piumpkins), but I think this colour palette is quite versatile, and you can make your page about anything you'd like to, as long as you only use products from the October 2018 Special Edition collection, and use products from at least two designers.

I used KimB Designs - Foody Fun The Cards and Julia Makotinsky - Faboolous Fall Elements and 3x4 Cards to make this page -

When all the kits and templates are using the same palette, as they do for the Special Edition, I love being able to mix and match, knowing everything will "go" together! So, which designers and products will you put together? There are plenty to choose from, so I'm excited to see your pages! Have fun!

THE FINE PRINT:
    • You must use 100% TDP products to make a brand-new page that follows the Special Edition rules detailed above.
    • You must include at least 2 designers' products from the October 2018 Special Edition Collection here at TDP.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on October 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project AND which two (or more) designers' products you used.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the OCTOBER 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by corrin; 10-10-2018, 07:31 AM.

...just a quick note that the October 2018 Special Edition collection went live in the shop this weekend, and so the monthly Special Edition challenge is finally live!
    ~ Laura ~

Comment

Here's mine.... I used Julia Makotinsky - Faboolous Fall Elements and Cornelia's Falling for you papers

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Cute page Donna, those ghosts are great aren't they!

Here's mine! I've used solid papers by Nini, patterned papers by Rachel, elements by Cornelia, and the alpha from Jen. I did recolor a few elements to make them better match my pictures (why can't my kids think ahead and wear clothes that coordinate with these kits?!), and clipped a super cool swirly paper (from Rachel's paper pack .... it totally looked like a fancy bowling ball to me) to word "STRIKE!".

Last edited by caliten; 10-17-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Great moment captured! I love your not-especially-Autumn theme page using this month's special edition stuff!

I used:
      Quaint by Kim B Designs

http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Quaint-The-Elements.html

http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Quaint-The-Papers.html

Quaint by Anita Designs

http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Quaint-Papers.html

http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Quaint-Elements.html

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a fantastic quote, so perfect for your page!

This was a challenge for me as I'm not usually a "mixer" of kits. I shocked myself at how easy it was. I think it's only because they all coordinate due to the Special Edition palette! I used ellies, papers, word strips from Cornelia's Falling for You kit, and a bunch of ellies from Rachel Etrog's October 2018 Documented kit.

Save
      Save

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks like such fun, and you should be a kit mixer more often, it looks great!

I combined the coordinating kits by Anita & Kim B for this page:

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        So sweet Christelle! I love your flower clusters!

I've played too for this challenge

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a clever photo/use of the template! His hand and the goat's face etc are so perfectly placed!

I used
      QUAINT : THE ELEMENTS and QUAINT : THE PAPERS by KIMB
      and
      QUAINT | PAPERS and QUAINT | ELEMENTS by Anita Designs

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        love the vintage elements you have chosen to go with the photo, what a great picture! thanks for joining in with the challenge

OMG I had so much fun with this one!! LOOOOOVE the color palette!

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        wow, a rainbow of books, that is brilliant! thanks for playing along Shannon!

Another month of beautiful products. Here is mine.
      http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...colour&cat=519

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        wow, look at all the colours in that beautiful photo! ove it Tiffany, thanks for playing along
    Working...
    X