This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCTOBER 2018 CHALLENGE | WHITE SPACE

October is my favorite month (my birthday is on the 31st, that explains it! LOL)... and I'm even more excited this time around, because I get to host this month's WHITE SPACE CHALLENGE!

White space, also called negative space, is the "empty space" left on a page, without any paper or embellishment. It's an amazing compositional tool that helps you focus and bring your viewer's eye to what really matters in your layout. It makes your focal point, your photo or your story for example, stand out naturally. What's even better is to use white space but keep your own style: you can have a very clean and minimalist page but you can also have a clustery layout... only on a small portion of it with lots of white space around! LOL

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to create a layout in which a MAXIMUM of 25% (1/4) of your page's surface area is covered. All your papers (outside of the background paper of course), photos, elements and journaling should be concentrated on this 25% (or less) surface. Ready to play??

Here's a look at my example layout...

There are lots of products in the shop that would work wonders for this challenge, but I decided to go with Audacity by Anita Designs and Karla Noél, It is just perfect to scrap my feelings about my upcoming maternity leave.

The last time I created a page for this challenge I decided to cover a 6x6 inche square, but this time I went for a 12x3 inche area. In both cases, there is still only 25% of the layout that is covered!

A small tip: you can define the surface area you want to use with a shape (which you will then delete, before completing your layout). With a guide, it'll be easier to make sure you stay within those boundaries!

THE RULES:
    • You must create a layout in which a MAXIMUM of 25% (1/4) of your page's surface area is covered.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you might need, if doing a hybrid project)
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on October 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project AND which tutorials you used.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the OCTOBER 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 10-01-2018, 02:10 PM.

Love your layout chloe <3 Perfect negative space!

Comment

Comment

Here's mine!

Comment

I know, I know, I know.... I should be focusing on the DSD challenges, but the white space is such a hard one for me that I wanted to do it while I had some gumption!!! I tried dividing it in quarters and then move the photos after I made sure they fit. Hope this is okay!!

Save
          Save

Comment

Here's mine:

Comment

Here's mine:
              http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...l-life&cat=519

Last edited by caapmunro; 10-13-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Love your takes on the challenge, ladies! Keep 'em coming!!

Comment

I love White space pages!! Here is mine:

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...1745&nocache=1

Comment

My white space page:

Comment

Working...
                    X