Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September 2018 Challenge | DIGI-MORPH | LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in here to as a question. I'm always curious - do you go for the full scraplift (e.g., copy as closely as possible), or do you just let one or more component of the layout inspire you? If you're in the latter boat with me, what component(s) inspired your page this month? For me it was the basic layout this time around, and I really enjoyed putting my own spin on it.

Remember, don't give away anything about the layout you got, or the layout you sent. Stick to the vague basics (e.g., layout, theme, color palette, kit, ....).

Comment

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      I copy the design of the LO as close as possible but not necessarily the theme or colors... I wish I was able to just allow the LO to be an inspiration, but I am too visually literal for that to ever happen. Believe me I have tried...lol.

Sorry team 2. The page is stuck with me but hopefully today, Monday, I can pass it on.

Comment

Well, that was fast lol. I found some computer time before my classes and my page has been sent to Barbara Unzen and Anne PC ! Have fun!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        Anne PC ... checking in. How's it going? Did you receive Nini's LO?

• Anne PC
        Anne PC commented
        Editing a comment
        ninigoesdigi & @barbara unzen.. I'm sorry but i haven't received any message by Nini

caliten I try to copy something of the structure of the original, create a similar feel to the layout. I do stick quite closely to the full scraplift.
      But then I add and add until it feels like one of mine. So the basic bones may be similar but the end result still feels like my art.

Comment

I usually snag a few ideas to lift from the page, sometimes it is the page design but not always (and sometimes it is just the colors, elements, WA etc). Then I play with it until I love it!

Comment

I believe that I have completed my part of this challenge!!! I sent a link to the next person on the list and the host. If I need to do anything more please let me know. Thanks guys!!!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi kimkern72 Any chance you can email me your layout? Your link didn't work for me for some reason. Thanks! I sent you a message with my email address.

• crazsquaw
            crazsquaw commented
            Editing a comment
            yay!! I can't wait to get it after her...gonna be so fun seeing the reveals!

Just sent mine off by PM to Barbara Unzen & mocamom

Comment

• mocamom
            mocamom commented
            Editing a comment
            On it today!! Yay Team #1

Go team 3! Just sent my layout to the last person!
          [STRONG]---------- MARIBEL ----------[/STRONG]

Comment

Just sent my page to Barbara Unzen! Team 3 is done, I can't wait to see all of those pages! ♥♥

Comment

I've sent my page to Barbara Unzen and melscrap
              sigpic
              Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• melscrap
                melscrap commented
                Editing a comment
                Got it

• Barbara Unzen
                Barbara Unzen commented
                Editing a comment
                Yay! We're moving right along!! Can't wait for the big reveal!

Anne PC I sent you a PM at the same time as for Barbara Unzen and she received it, in CC. That is super weird. I am guessing she was able to send you my page. Sorry about that.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
                Barbara Unzen commented
                Editing a comment
                I did email her your page. Who knows what happened ... weird! No big deal ... things are moving along!!

Sent my layout off to AlinaLove

Comment

so just in case the next gal is watching this thread... i sent mine off to immaculeah .
                Loving it here <3

Comment

AlinaLove got it. Will start working on my page...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
                    Barbara Unzen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can't wait to see what you come up with!

We're getting awfully close to the Big Reveal! I've got all the LOs prepped and ready to be shared once everyone has had a chance to scrap their pages. It's only a matter of time now ...

I love Digi Morphs!
                  Barbara&#x27;s Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
                  Save

Comment

Working...
                  X