SEPTEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | BLACK AND WHITE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPTEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | BLACK AND WHITE

Hello everyone!! And welcome to lovely September. I am really excited to host this month's BLACK AND WHITE CHALLENGE.

As the name suggests, this will require you to create a layout that is completely black & white (and/or shades of grey) -- with no other colors on the page at all.

This does NOT include the photo (or photos), which can either be used in their original color format -- OR -- with a photo treatment (black-&-white or otherwise).

But everything else on the page MUST be black, white, or a shade of grey (papers, elements, etc.). You can do this by:
    1. Using items that were originally black & white (or grey) or;
    2. Through recoloring in your editing software. Recolored items must be completely desaturated, however... (i.e. no slight color inclusions, sepia, etc.)There are a couple of wonderful tutorials here at the Press if you want to brush up how to do this - Flourish your recoloring skills and Tips to easily recolor elements
    So that's it - simple enough. And here's my layout to give you an idea of what this might look like.

A quick recap of the other challenge rules:
    • You must use 100% TDP products to make a brand-new page that follows the black and white rules detailed above.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on September 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your layout and link it to the gallery where its posted so we can all leave you some love!
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the SEPTEMBER 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Shivani; 09-03-2018, 10:35 AM.
    --- SHIVANI ---

I didn't recolor much - just the rings on the gray paper, and the letters on two of the word arts. Picking a kit with lots of black and white papers and elements really helps make this challenge quite a bit easier!

Comment

• Shivani
      Shivani commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely layout Carrie! I especially like the alpha up the side. And what an amazing way to showcase and record his artwork.

Wow! Gorgeous pages!! And what a creative challenge!

Comment

Been a while since I scrapped; life has been crazy good busy over here, but I think it's settling down now. Thank you for this challenge, black & white...

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        What an amazing take on the challenge Jheri! I'm loving all the accents and the wonderful crop on your gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing and playing in this challenge with me.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...rless1&cat=519

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        What an uplifting page, Tiffany! I love the two photos -one wide and the close up. The quote is so apt and your colour photos make a nice contrast with the monochromatic page. Thanks for playing along with me!

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        As always lovely, Anne. Love the vertical, clean and simple composition! What a fun moment to capture and the way you've stapled it to the background paper adds to the overall charm. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        That is just an amazing layout. I love the splatter behind the photo and the movement it adds to the overall composition. The shadow on the ribbon bow is just tremendous and the doodle border finishes this gorgeous layout nicely! Thanks for sharing and playing along in this challenge with me.

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        You guys are just rocking this challenge! I love the alignment of your entire design Donna, the repetition of circular elements and of course the whole classic black and white look! This looks like a greeting card. Amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with me this month.

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow! This is so cool! I love the candid capture. Also like the simplicity of your design and that you've used the design elements in real size. Great composition overall and thanks for sharing this lovely with us here.

Here is mine. I know it is a bit much, but I couldn't stop adding things.

My Gallery

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        Kat Hansen It is Aaargh and I looooove it. I use it All. Of. The. Time. Here is the link: https://www.dafont.com/aaargh.font

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Hillary!

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        Hillary, I love it all! Not much at all! Suck a fun, fun, dynamic layout. And an amazing contrast with the B&W designs around a coloured photo! thanks for playing along!!!

I created an ATC for this Black and White challenge:

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        lovely! I like the simplicity of the design and the quote that goes so well together. Loved that you took this challenge to create an ATC - how unique! Thanks for playing along with me this month.

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        This is so cute. I love the movement in the layout created with those layers of curved paper pieces. The word adds snippets adds such a lovely detail too! thanks for sharing and playing along with me this month.
    Working...
    X