SEPTEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPTEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Hi everyone! If you've made it this far in the SCRAP IT | 2018 CHALLENGE, you're probably feeling super accomplished, like me! The idea of a whole year... DONE by the end of the year...!

For those of you who are new, however, it's still a fantastic idea to jump in now! We have been running this challenge month-by-month all year long. Scrappers have access to FREE templates for each month, and the challenge is to scrap the previous month's photos & memories with the free template. At the end of the year, you'll have an entire year's worth of scrapping done!

For this month's challenge, grab the AUGUST templates (wee below) and get creative! In order to get credit for August, you'll need to use at least one of the AUGUST Freebie Templates to create a 1-page or a 2-page spread in which you are documenting your August life (either this current year or a year past). You may mix one of the August templates with any of the previous Scrap It Freebie templates -- but -- at least one of the 2 August templates, shown below, must be used.

Here's a look at this month's templates (which will be used to scrap last month -- August)

DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED
    (this set is now available in the shop here at TDP, however... if you missed it and want to go back and grab it to catch up!)

For some inspiration, I made a 2-page layout....

I'm so excited to see what you guys come up with!

THE RULES:
    • YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE OF THE 'AUGUST 2018' FREEBIE TEMPLATES TO CREATE A 1-PAGE OR 2-PAGE SPREAD IN WHICH YOU ARE DOCUMENTING AUGUST 2018 OR AUGUST OF ANY PREVIOUS YEAR.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you might need if you're creating a hybrid project).
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on September 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded your creation into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the SEPTEMBER 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Happy scrapping!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 10-04-2018, 04:26 PM.

Here are mine!

My Gallery

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how you put the dates on each picture... I forgot to do that this time around! LOOOVE your pages, as usual! Thanks for playing!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to admit that I stole the idea from caliten . <3

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the dates too and the journaling on the photos! Great pages!

This was fun.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey cool page Kiana! I'm diggin' the flags in the upper left. Your elements are great! Fun page... thanks for playing!

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you shannonc

Here's mine:

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice... love the colors! Thank you for playing!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      I had no idea there were that many national days! Great pages, thanks for playing!

I modified the template a bit.... replaced the apple with a diamond shape.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we'll allow it! Great pages... love your colors - so cheerful! Thanks for playing along!

Thank you for the template! I'm not usually a template scrapper so this was a challenge for me! (It's hard to make a mess on my page when the template is so neat and orderly, lol!!)

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh it turned out great! Love what you did with the page... great pictures, great color palette... thanks for playing!

I'll be back at some point with my two August pages, but I did use one of the August templates to make this page about a hike that we went on in early .... September. Drat.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      I love this, Carrie! Great colors and series of pictures... really well done! Thanks for playing!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Great page!! Your pictures certainly tell a story and you've pulled it off beautifully! Thanks for playing!

I'm super bummed that Sahin Designs is no longer here- since my papers in my album were her's. Oh well- I won't post in the challenge gallery as they are no longer 100% tdp. I just can't change them now with half of the album done... :/

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally digging the black and white on the first one - nicely done! The pictures work well with that. And your second one... lovely as always! Tells a great story... thanks for playing!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful journaling on your pages! Simple and clean design (which I always love) -- great job! Thanks for playing!

So I had a huge stack of page printed earlier this month, and got them all loaded into this years 12x12 album. DH was flipping through it and (completely without prompting) commented "I really like these summary pages you have for every month." And somehow he noticed that they're all very similar (I've been using the same two photo filters, and the same kits). Score one for Scrap It | 2018!

I ended up using one of the May templates since it fit my photos better.

Last edited by caliten; 09-23-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your pages, Carrie! Especially that second one -- that one really strikes me. I love the date numbers... thanks for playing!

Here is mine.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...8aug-b&cat=500

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...8aug-a&cat=500

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww lovely! And congrats!! Wonderful plages -- great photos... thanks for playing!

My August in review:

Comment

Working...
    X