SEPTEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | SPLIT SCREEN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPTEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | SPLIT SCREEN

Happy September! I am excited to host this month's SPLIT SCREEN challenge!

The topic of your layout is completely up to you -- but it MUST be SPLIT IN HALF in some way! AND ...you MUST use TWO (2) DIFFERENT KITS - one for each half of your page.

Not sure what to scrap? How about some ideas. . .

Split Page Ideas:
    --a before/after page: could be a make over, a hair cut, a remodel, or just cleaning up the place!
    --a boy/girl page: siblings, partners, fur babies, fave actors - you name it!
    --then/now: these are fun - and past/present type idea would be perfect for this!
    --yesterday /today: document the difference a day makes in your life!

To show you an example... I created a page about my youngest sons growth over the past few years of being in school. I just love seeing how photos taken at the same time of the year can show the growth of a little one!

[credits: Swing In To Spring Templates | Go Bananas Full Kit (left side) | Crisp (right Side)]

So now... it is your turn. Create a SPLIT SCREEN layout of your own... and then come back here to link up your page!

Make sure to follow the 'fine print'...
    • You must use 100% TDP products to make a brand-new page that is split in half -- using 2 different kits for each half of the layout.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on September 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project (please use the bbcode to link 'em up so we can leave you some gallery love!).
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the SEPTEMBER 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • As always -- Have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 09-01-2018, 12:51 PM.

Using an older kit by Marie-Eve on the left (and a template by her too), and a new kit released during Pennysaver by Karla & Anita on the right:

Comment

• JenniferHignite
      JenniferHignite commented
      Editing a comment
      Love love love how you split this on a diagonal Carrie!! Thanks for playing along :D

Kits used:

Cats & Dogs

Wagging Tails

Comment

• JenniferHignite
      Editing a comment
      Well how could you not fall in love with that sweet face! I love the photos & kits you used! They work perfectly for this challenge! Thanks for playing along :D

For the left side I used Project 2016 - April by Laura Passage and on the right side I used Project 2015 - June also by Laura.

Comment

• JenniferHignite
      Editing a comment
      This is so colorful and fun! I just love the way you split the layout in half with the black and white background papers! Thanks for playing along :D

Comment

• JenniferHignite
      Editing a comment
      I just love the design of this and of course the photos of your son over time with his glasses on! I just love his purple bow tie :D Thanks for playing along!!!

Comment

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-chaco&cat=519

Hayride on the left, Cozy Fall on the right

Comment

• JenniferHignite
        Editing a comment
        All the puffy heart eyes for you cute little pup!!! I love how you used the two different kits for this, and kept the design so clean and simple!! Thanks for playing along this month!

"then" scrapped with August Make it Count by Anita Designs. "Now" is Styling elements by Kim B, and paper from Audacity by Anita Designs.

thanks!

Comment

• JenniferHignite
        Editing a comment
        How awesome is this layout & you son and his haircut are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with the challenge this month :D

I made it easy by using one of the "One Kit Two Ways" which are meant to work together, and it was so so fun! Left side is the boy kit, right side is the girl one... even though it's not girly at all since I'm going to be Mama to a BOY!!

Comment

• JenniferHignite
        Editing a comment
        Yay Chloe!!! Being a boy mom is the absolute best :D I love how you used the girl kit and yet the whole layout is so boyish!!!

• chloe
        chloe commented
        Editing a comment
        JenniferHignite Yeah, I'm starting to go throught my stash and look at all my kits with my boy-mom-googles on! LOL As I said, I feel like I kinda cheated by using a "One Kit Two Ways" kit, they make this challenge a breeze!
    Working...
    X