This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPTEMBER 2018 CHALLENGE | BACK-TO-SCHOOL

Hi all, and welcome to this month's BACK-TO-SCHOOL CHALLENGE! It's hard to believe that the freedom of summer is coming to an end and we are entering a time of schedules, homework, and earlier bedtimes...
    ...this comes with a mixed bag of emotions, am I right? I've felt everything from 'I can't believe it's that time again?!' () to 'Finally! We have a little routine!' ( )

Well, no matter how you are feeling right now as a parent... you'll probably agree that these are epic photos to scrap. You can capture so much emotion, excitement, anticipation, and hopefulness of an awesome new year in a first day of school photo.

This brings me to our challenge. All you have to do is scrap with the BACK TO SCHOOL theme. It can be kids, grandkids, nieces/nephews, or friends... or YOU! It can be preschool, kindergarten, high school, or college... Just make sure that the overall theme of your page is Back to School. Easy, right?

Here's one I created using Back to School (elements and papers) by Rachel Etrog Designs...

...and one of my all time fave layouts featuring my tired little girl... created with Blackboard by Little Lamm...

Now it's your turn! Let's celebrate the next season of our lives with some amazing Back to School layouts!

A recap of the rules:
    • YOU MUST CREATE A BACK TO SCHOOL THEMED PROJECT, in whatever way you choose.
    • Your page must be made using 100% TDP products.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on September 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded your page into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project.
    • Once you've posted your page here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the SEPTEMBER 2018 TRACKING THREAD.

Last edited by Laura Passage; 09-01-2018, 12:53 PM.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...s-girl&cat=519

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it! Thanks for playing along with us!

Thanks so much for hosting this challenge! I've been dying to use this template:

Last edited by Jazz2000; 09-05-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh this is perfect for Back to School! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us! xx

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so glad to see you used photos of yourself! It's so awesome to document these 'firsts' Thanks for playing, Donna!

here's my take of this challenge

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh this is amazing! LOVE the black and white photos... the whole thing is beautiful! Thanks for playing!

Here is mine.

My Gallery

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it! Super sweet photo and awesome title work! Thanks for playing along, Hillary!

here's mine!

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it Beckie! Love the way you utilized the space on the page, yet the focus is the photos! Thanks so much for playing! xx

I am playing along (even if I didn't follow all of the rules - not needing them for points) it is my daughters last few days of school and we can't wait.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      I really love the vertical feel of this page! Thanks for playing along Stefanie! (rules shmooles...) lol!

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Aw, Kim! This is great! LOVE all the squares of paper behind the photos... adds so much interest and texture to your page! Wow, they grow up so fast, don't they?? Thanks for playing!

here is my page!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      oh my gosh, Corrin, that picture! The look your babiest is giving the bigs is the best! And I totally hear you about having an empty house. Ahh, the soothing sounds of silence.

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Corrin, this is so adorable! I can't even get enough of your little guys face! So cute! Thanks for playing

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Judy, this is so cute! Love that you used an old photo... such great memories! Great use of the hexagons Thanks for playing! xx
Working...
X