This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGUST 2018 CHALLENGE | KITCHEN SINK

Hello there Stefanie here with a challenge that I have come to love... the KITCHEN SINK challenge!

When I was a paper scrapbooker, my pages were very clean, filled with photos on a cardstock background. However as a digi scrapper I can throw so much product on to the layout without adding bulk and weight and just have fun, playing and getting creative.

For this challenge you have two options, you can either
    (1) use 75 % of a full kit, regardless of the composition or layout, all items must be visible or at least recognisable on the layout. You may creatively layer but you may not layer so that your items are not seen, sadly mini kits are not to be used for this one.
    OR
    (2) Items must cover at least 75% of the surface area and touch all four sides.

For my layout I chose option 2. Covering at least 75% of the background with papers and embellishments and having something touching all four sides.

A few more standard rules:
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on August 31st, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the AUGUST 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    Have fun playing along. I love to see your layouts!

Last edited by Stefanie; 08-03-2018, 06:16 AM.

Oh, I love this challenge - 75% of a kit, papers 'n' all, is such a fun thing to do!

Comment

I've chosen the option 2 - at least 75% of the surface area and touch all four sides

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the classic black and white photos, perfect pocket page design.

option 2 for me!

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        I love your take on the challenge, awesome template and lovely choice of patterns mixed perfectly.

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a sweetie pie, love the variety of patterned papers you got to work together so seamlessly. Love the added details on the navy blue, such an awesome boyish layout.

I decided to use 75% of the kit.
      http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...he-sea&cat=519

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the pretty serene feeling of this, the neutrals are delightful.

Fun challenge... I went with option 2

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome take on the challenge, love the bold pops of orange/red/yellow and the paper layers you used so effectively.

I used 75% of the kit Just Be You by Julia Makotinsky

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Super fun, love the whimsical feel and the super cute bedhead.

I went with option two

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it, super personality filled photos, love the diagonal draw of the green.
    Working...
    X