This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGUST 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Hi again gang, and welcome to this month's SCRAP IT | 2018 challenge!

Well... Summer Camp is over but that doesn't mean there's not more fun to be had! I don't know about you guys but I'm still LOVIN' the Scrap It Challenges that have been going on all year long. I can't believe I'm actually staying current with my 2018 album! Sometimes simplicity is the answer, don't you think? Having just one spread to showcase an entire month's worth of activities has forced me to be really choosy about what pictures or stories I share - only the best!

To introduce it to those who are new, we're running a monthly challenge for memory keepers to scrap the previous month in either a 1-page or 2 page spread. We've got a FREE template for you each month, you just add your memories!

For this month's challenge, grab the JULY templates and get creative! In order to get credit for July, you'll need to use at least one of the JULY Freebie Templates to create a 1-page or a 2-page spread in which you are documenting your July life (either this current year or a year past). You may mix one of the July templates with any of the previous Scrap It Freebie templates but at least one of the July templates must be used.

Here's a look at this month's template (which will be used to scrap last month -- July)...

DOWNLOAD HERE
    (download will be available thru 11:59pm ET on 8/31)

For some inspiration, I made a 2-page layout...

[Credits - TDP Collab Carefree]

I'm so excited to see what you guys come up with!

THE RULES:
    • YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE OF THE 'JULY 2018' FREEBIE TEMPLATES TO CREATE A 1-PAGE OR 2-PAGE SPREAD IN WHICH YOU ARE DOCUMENTING JULY 2018 OR JULY OF ANY PREVIOUS YEAR.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you might need if you're creating a hybrid project).
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on August 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded your creation into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the AUGUST 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Happy scrapping!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 08-01-2018, 01:53 PM.

I have my first July page ready!!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful, Corrin! I love those word strips!! And I love that you made the borders colored. Cool idea! Thanks for playing along!

here's my page for july

I've altered a bit the template to fit my format

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaaahhhh very cool! Love the black and white with those colorful paint splashes in the background - really great! Thanks for playing!

My July page:

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful! I like your little word tags for the photos... thanks for playing along!

Here's my July pages

and

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic! Your pages came together really nicely -- the colors are great, I love your small clusters... really wonderful, thanks for playing along!

Here's my July pages! My album is looking so fun!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful! Aw man, isn't Banff BEAUTIFUL?! Love your shot of Moraine Lake. Your pages are fantastic... I like the black and white with the first and the colorful array on the second. Nicely done!

Thank you so much for this challenge! Finally I was inspired to do pl again :D
    And so I made 4 pages. Why tell a short story, when you can tell it long. Haha.

Loving it here <3

Comment

• AlinaLove
      AlinaLove commented
      Editing a comment
      shannonc, I used the WAVE feature (filters-distort-wave) to distort the outlines. I usually take the same settings to make the first tweaks on my shadows, so this was easy :D

• AlinaLove
      AlinaLove commented
      Editing a comment
      Also THANK YOU :*

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the same question as Shannon about the outlines. Such a great touch. Glad to see that you shared how you did it. I can't wait to try it.

Here's mine:

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey that looks like a really cool photo effect that you did! The colors between photos and your elements are wonderful - I feel like I'm at the beach! Thanks for playing!

Comment

My Gallery

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome Hillary! I love the notepaper edge on the top one for one of the photos... and I love that you put the dates on each picture... that's awesome, I might have to steal that! Thanks for playing!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonderful! I didn't even know all of those National Days existed! Love your pages... thanks for playing along!

I am really enjoying these templates. Thank you!
      http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...rap-it&cat=519

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...rap-it&cat=519

Comment

Working...
      X