June 2018 CHALLENGE | SLOW SCRAP **Instructions***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2018 CHALLENGE | SLOW SCRAP **Instructions***

Happy Sunday evening y'all!!! I'm here to host the June Slow Scrap challenge! Join me in the chatroom HERE and we will chat, have fun, and maybe scrap

Don't worry if you can't follow along, or if you can't even join us tonight! This is a SLOW scrap so everyone has 24 hours to finish their layout! That means it's not due in this forum until tomorrow, Monday, June 25th at 8:00 p.m. EST! So plenty of time to chat AND play I'll be editing THIS post as we go along with the instructions so you'll have them right here in one spot!! How easy is that!!

Now of course we have to have rules so don't forget that you need to use 100% TDP products and you need to make sure your layout must be posted to the Challenge Gallery by 8:00 p.m. ET on Monday, June 25th. I’d love to see your pages linked in this thread as well please, so we can see each other’s beautiful layouts and leave some love!

Okay! Here goes!!!
    1. Find 3 photos, each 2.5 inches high by 3 inches long.You will need a second copy of one of them!You are going to take the three photos and place them in a diagonal line that goes up from left to right.They will overlap some with the bottom one being on top.To start the line, find the exact center of your page and place the corner of the center photo a smidge to the right of that point (about a quarter of an inch or so), and a larger smidge above that point (about a half of an inch or so). Next place the top photo to the left of your center one so that the top right corner overlaps the bottom left corner of the original one. Place the bottom photo underneath the center one so that the left side of it is under the center, but also so that the top of the photo is higher than the center one.Again, think overlapping photos in a diagonal line!
    2. Now take that center photo and duplicate it.Then you will tuck it UNDER your original photo so that the top and left edge shows up. It may overlap your bottom photo just a hair!
    3. Tuck a journal card sized about 2.5 x 3.25 behind both the center photo and the top one so you can see it the journal card peeking through. Mine peeks through on both the top left side and bottom right side!
    4. Place a 2 x 4 piece of paper vertically along the left edge of the layout about 7 inches from the top.Angle it slightly so that the upper right corner is lower than the upper left one.
    5. Put a 1 x4 paper on top of that last one lining up the left edges with the top edge slightly lower than the one underneath.Angle it as well!
    6. Place a ½ inch by 6-inch paper on top of both of these with the top edge about 5.5 inches from the top of the page.
    7. Add a large element on top of these papers.
    8. Add a ribbon or string sandwiched between the two duplicate photos in the center of the page.
    9. Add a large word art or title to the lower right corner under the photos.
    10. Add journaling to the left side of the page between the papers on the left and the photos on the right.
    11. Add any extras you like!
    And that's it!! Now don't let that convoluted first step derail you. It's easier than it seems and you'll have a lot of fun trying it!!

I can't wait to see your layouts here!
    Last edited by mocamom; 06-24-2018, 08:57 PM.
    Save
    Save

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so glad you joined us Dawn and I love how you added the different papers to mimic your diagonal photos. That's pretty cool!

Ok here's how I interpreted everything!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha Shanon, I KNEW you'd rock it! I love the way you added the word strips and butterfly to keep the eyes moving across the entire page. And that black border is perfect to frame everything!

Here's my version.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...utside&cat=519

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for playing Tiffany! I love the way you framed your center photo with the stamped matt and your extra background paper really balances out the page so beautifully!

What a fun chat and slow scrap! Thanks for hosting Robin! Here is my layout.

My Gallery

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang Hillary I love the way you added the extra elements to make those photos pop! And your shadowing is GORGEOUS on that string. Your whole page is stunning my friend!! Thanks for playing even though you were with family!!

Thank y'all for playing along with me and not giving up!! I hope y'all had as much fun as I did Here is my starter layout using July 4th BBQ by Food | Family | Story and April by Dunia Designs! I think each one of you did an amazing job of interpreting the instructions!

Save
    Save

Comment

and mine

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        You made it Jheri!!! What a sweet face and I love the way you added the paint and stitching!

Comment

Working...
      X