JUNE 2018 CHALLENGE | DADS CHALLENGE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUNE 2018 CHALLENGE | DADS CHALLENGE

Hi there scrappers, and welcome to this month's DAD CHALLENGE!

It's the month of June (already??!), so it's time to celebrate all those awesome dads out there on Father's day -- which falls on the 17th of June. This challenge will get you to do just that -- celebrate a dad by scrapping a Dad-themed page. Dads come in "all shapes and sizes" -- and your project could be about your own dad, the father of your children, your father-in-law, your grandpa, your little brother that became a daddy, or just a fantastic dad (or father figure) that you know! Anything works!

I created a page with a picture of my husband with his son -- I always go all mushy when I see those tender moments...

[ I used Kim B's super versatile Standing Tall and a template by Jen C ]

A reminder of the general rules:
    • Your layout or project must be Dad-related, in terms of theme.
    • Your layout must use 100% TDP products.
    • Your layout must be uploaded in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, and posted in a new reply here no later than 11:59 pm ET on June 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded your page or project here, update your tracker in the JUNE 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    Last edited by christellevandyk; 06-01-2018, 03:58 PM.

Dad wore his heart on his sleeve.
    You knew what he was feeling and what he expected of you. He loved Mom unconditionally.
    I was his little girl, and he always worried about me, but still allowed me to make mistakes and grow for it.

Comment

• christellevandyk
      christellevandyk commented
      Editing a comment
      This is precious Judy! Thanks for playing!

Can I just say ... I think I'm going to have to stop by this challenge multiple times during the month, just to see all the Dad's that everyone is remembering <3 Mine passed away 10+ years ago, so I'll definitely be doing a page on him.

Comment

Here's my page --

Comment

• christellevandyk
        Editing a comment
        I'm so glad you had the opportunity to scrap a page about your dad Katherine!

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        What a great thing to find out! Hockey! It is a great page, I love the team photos

And I actually lived in Llandudno for a few months when I was younger, it is a gorgeous place, but a small small town, with no visible hockey tradition, I wonder how they ended up there!?!

My dad is an amazing man. He truly is the rock in our family so I loved making a page about him and ONE of his interests!

Save
      Save

Comment

• christellevandyk
        Editing a comment
        Great page Robin, thanks for participating!

Fathers Day on Sunday!! Hope everyone makes great memories.. and scraps them too!

Comment

I am slowly completing pages for a book dedicated to my Dad's life with excerpts from the life history my Sister compiled. This challenge was perfect to complete one more page to add. Thanks for the inspiration.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-world&cat=519

Comment

• christellevandyk
          Editing a comment
          So glad the challenge could help you in completing your book! Thanks for participating Tiffany!

Here is my page!

Comment

• christellevandyk
          Editing a comment
          Great page Corrin! I love how you did the title, and those photos are precious. Thanks for playing!

Comment

• christellevandyk
          Editing a comment
          What a special page Kim. It's wonderful to know that these two dad's stepped up to the challenge! Thanks for playing!
      Working...
      X