JUNE 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUNE 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Welcome to the June edition of our Scrap It | 2018 Challenge here at The Digital Press!

Throughout 2018, we're running a monthly challenge for memory keepers to scrap the previous month into either a 1-page or 2-page spread. We provide the FREE TEMPLATES and you provide your photos and memories from the previous month.

For this month's challenge, we'll be scrapping May 2018 (*NOTE* you can scrap May of a previous year, if you prefer). IN ORDER TO GET CREDIT FOR JUNE 2018 -- YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE OF THE 'MAY 2018' FREEBIE TEMPLATES TO CREATE A 1-PAGE *OR* 2-PAGE SPREAD IN WHICH YOU ARE DOCUMENTING MAY 2018 *OR* MAY OF ANY PREVIOUS YEAR (IF USING THIS PROJECT TO GO BACK AND SCRAP PREVIOUS YEARS, ETC.). YOU CAN MIX ONE OF THE MAY 2018 TEMPLATE FREEBIES WITH ANY PREVIOUS SCRAP IT | 2018 FREEBIE (SO FOR THIS MONTH, THAT WOULD BE (A) THE COVER TEMPLATES, (B) THE JANUARY TEMPLATES, (C) THE FEBRUARY TEMPLATES, (D) THE MARCH TEMPLATES, OR (E) THE APRIL TEMPLATES) ...IF THE PREVIOUS TEMPLATE(S) WORKS BETTER FOR YOUR PHOTOS -- BUT -- AT LEAST ONE OF THE 2 *NEW* MAY TEMPLATES (THIS MONTH'S FREEBIE) MUST BE USED, IN ORDER TO GET CREDIT.

DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED
    (this set is now available in the shop here at TDP, however... if you missed it and want to go back and grab it to catch up!)

Need some inspiration? Here's my May 2018 layout, using these templates...

[ credits: Sahin Designs: Equinox Papers, Elements and Cards ]

THE RULES:
    • YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE OF THE 'MAY 2018' FREEBIE TEMPLATES TO CREATE A 1-PAGE OR 2-PAGE SPREAD IN WHICH YOU ARE DOCUMENTING MAY 2018 OR MAY OF ANY PREVIOUS YEAR.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you might need if you're creating a hybrid project).
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on June 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded your creation into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the JUNE 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Happy scrapping!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-02-2018, 07:40 AM.
    Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
    Save

I am really trying to keep up with this, and we are almot half way through the year - it will feel so good to get to that half way point! This month (May) I will need to do another spread, so this will jut be the first set - we tend to do more fun stuff when the sun starts shining!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Great pages corrin ! I love how that first long photo compares the blue skies with the dark. Awesome!

These are wonderful layouts, but they make me have questions. Barbara do you pull the same picture in twice or is there a way to merge it with both layers (it looks perfectly lined up and am wondering how you did that) Corrin how do you get your text to follow the shape?? Thanks guys!!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      kimkern72 - I am guessig you mean for the first page, with just a few photos - when it is only for a few lines like this, I draw a text box, and set it to align right (beacuse in this case the shape is on the left). Then I type my text, and make sure it is the font and size that I want (I am using the same font and size for the whole yearbook), then I just guess where the end of the line needs to be. There is a little bit of trial and error! There are ways to make a text box a certain shape - but they seem like too much effort to me for just a few lines! Does this make sense? Yell if it doesn't!

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi kimkern72
      When I'm using the same photo for two different spots I'll do it one of two ways.
      #1 Sometimes I will merge the two spots (layer shapes I want to mask to) to one layer so that I can just mask one photo.
      #2 Usually I don't do it that way because I like more flexibility in case I change my mind. Oftentimes, including this time, I find it easier to just pull in the photo and mask it to one of the spots. Then I duplicate the photo layer and LINK IT to the first photo (I always link the copy of the photo layer so that it stays lined up perfectly) and then move it in the layers panel to clip it to the second spot.

Comment

Here we go!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        Great recap pages! That one spot was perfect for the big group shot!

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        Great recap pages! That one spot was perfect for the big group shot!

And here is May.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...e=may1&cat=519

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...e=may2&cat=519

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        Such pretty colors! Your book is going to be a treasure!

Here's mine!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        I love all the extra little touches you added to your page Shannon!
        Such beautiful scenery photos!

My page for May:

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that you scrapped the royal wedding!

I finally got mine done!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        I LOVE that Lego photo! I also love the addition of the small photo stapled on top Carrie!

I'm totally late to this show- but here's my May Layouts:

Comment

Working...
      X