MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Welcome to the May edition of our Scrap It | 2018 Challenge here at The Digital Press!

Throughout 2018, we're running this monthly challenge for memory keepers to scrap the previous month into either 1-page or 2-page spreads. We provide the free templates, and you provide your photos and memories from the previous month (so for this month's challenge, we'll be scrapping April 2018)!

This month, you will be using the following FREEBIE TEMPLATE SET (designed by Laura Passage, in case you need to find any of the previous month's templates in this series)... to create your 1-page *OR* 2-page layout...

DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED
    (this set is now available in the shop here at TDP, however... if you missed it and want to go back and grab it to catch up!)

***NOTE***
    You must use at least ONE of the 'APRIL 2018' freebie templates, shown above, to create a 1-page *OR* 2-page spread documenting the month of APRIL. You may use photos of April 2018, OR any previous year (if you are using this on-going project to get caught up on previous years). If one of the previous templates from this series works better with your photos, you may mix one of the 'APRIL 2018' template freebies with any of the previous Scrap It | 2018 template freebies. (so for this month, that would be (A) the cover templates, (B) the January templates, (C) the February templates, or (D) the March templates). But to get credit for this month's challenge... you must use at least ONE of the templates shown above.

Need some inspiration? Here's a look at my own April 2018...

[ credits: Productivity Collab by TDP designers, Giddy | Stamp Sheet by Karla Dudley, and Ordinary | Stamp Brushes by In a Creative Bubble (TDP guest designer from March/April 2018) ]

THE RULES:
    • YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE OF THE 'APRIL 2018' FREEBIE TEMPLATES TO CREATE A 1-PAGE *OR* 2-PAGE SPREAD IN WHICH YOU ARE DOCUMENTING APRIL 2018 *OR* APRIL OF ANY PREVIOUS YEAR
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you might need, if doing a hybrid project)
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on May 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project AND which tutorials you used.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the MAY 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 06-01-2018, 02:23 PM.

I fell behind last month already, so this month I decided to catch up and get cracking! April will take 2 double page spreads, but here is the first one - done - yipee! (I am using a cover template for the right side each month, and this month I used the "Celebrate" collection from Mari Koegelenberg Creations).

Last edited by corrin; 05-03-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      This is incredible! Love all the photos... such great memories documented!

Love these templates; here is my page for April:

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you like these templates and challenge! This is so great! Thanks so much for playing along with us! xx

Here's my two for the month!

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Girl! You are amazing! I love what you've created here!

Here's my April pages:

and

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I LOVE how you used one photo on that template! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along Donna! xx

I'm keeping on with the new-pages-being-consistent-with-the-old-pages thing. I was kind of ... not excited ... about these particular templates when I started making these pages, but I'm very happy with how they turned out.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you love them now... because they are awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first page... and congrats for keeping up! xx

I am totally loving this Scrap It 2018 challenge and have made layouts with each month's templates but have not posted them in the gallery because I am using products from all over the place. I have kept the same background on each layout and carried colors over so when put together in an album it will flow. Just wanted to stop in and say thank you, thank you, thank you for giving me the "want to" to actually make an album from these wonderful templates. -Deanna

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so glad you are enjoying them! Thanks for stopping in and letting us know xx

Here's mine. Thanks for another beautiful template set.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...l-2018&cat=519

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful layouts! I really love that font you used! Thanks for playing along with us!

Here's mine for this month!

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Super cute, Amie! Thanks for playing along with us!

I didn't have any pictures from Easter, so I found a picture of me from when I was 2 year old. I thought it was appropriate since it was taken on Easter Sunday.

Last edited by Dragonhome; 05-22-2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a sweet photo! Love it! (and there's nothing wrong with 'boring' weeks... I savor them!) Thanks for playing xx

Last edited by kimkern72; 05-22-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Loving this Kim! Thanks for playing xx

Here's mine:

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Love how you split the 2 photos! Great take on the template! Thanks for playing xx

The month almost got away from me!

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! Gorgeous flowers!

Scrap it April 2018 May Challenge
    Page 1

Page 2
    Last edited by nanascrapper; 05-28-2018, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Such wonderful pages! Thanks for playing along with us! xx
Working...
X