MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | TUTORIAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | TUTORIAL

Hello everyone, and welcome to the May 2018 TUTORIAL CHALLENGE here at TDP!

Did you know that TDP has awesome tutorials on its blog every week? They are typically posted to the blog every Tuesday, and always filled with inspirational techniques or ideas to try -- usually with step-by-step visuals for you to follow along!

For my challenge this month, you will need to find TWO (2) different tips/techniques/etc. that are taught in any of our previous Tutorial Tuesday posts on TDP's blog, and incorporate them into your layout/project. To make it just a little easier for you to find/choose a couple of tutorials to use for your project... we have updated TDP's Pinterest board, and pinned all of the previous Tutorial Tuesday posts into one place.

Easy peasy... because you can choose any two tutorials that catch your eye. For my layout I chose to use the techniques in the following posts -- Creating a Stamped Title and Combining Patterned Papers...

[ credits: Travelogue by Dunia Designs (coming to TDP on 5/4) ]

THE RULES:
    • Your must use TWO different tutorials from our previous Tutorial Tuesday posts and create your project using techniques from those 2 posts.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on May 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project AND which tutorials you used.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the MAY 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Stefanie; 05-04-2018, 09:29 AM.

great challenge

I've used :
    http://www.thedigitalpress.co/tutori...using-strokes/
    http://www.thedigitalpress.co/tutori...cting-privacy/
    Last edited by Ga_L; 05-12-2018, 06:15 AM.

Comment

I used all kinds of goodies from Special Edition and the two tutorials I used were Realistic Ribbon and Custom Journal Strips

Comment

Thanks for a Fun Challenge... For my layout I used techniques outlined in the Custom Journal Strips and Combining Patterned Papers posts.

Comment

Since I don't usually use boldly patterned papers for my backgrounds, and almost never use plaid paper, I went with Selecting a Background & Combining Patterned Papers (you can't tell it from the final page, but I went through just about every patterned paper in the Jaunt kit to find the right stack of three to use for the background and two large pieces under the photo block), and also applied Creating a Cut Out to cut that heart shape out of the red paper strip, and lastly, Creating a Stamped Title because I tried a method different from the one I usually use to make my stamps look more realistic - note that I "stamped" the heart and shoe, not the title.

Last edited by caliten; 05-16-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

here is mine

Comment

• Stefanie
              Stefanie commented
              Editing a comment
              Jheri Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month.
              Can you let us know which tutorials you used please?

Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project AND which tutorials you used.

• Jheri
              Jheri commented
              Editing a comment
              whooops... i used creating a cut out and writing text around a circle

Fun challenge. I enjoyed trying a few new things. I used the following tutorials: Wave Shadowing & Six Steps to Speedy Scrapping

Comment

Tutorial Challenge May 2018
              I used the "Frame it up" tutorial from Nov 14 2017 and the "Getting Creative with Alphas" tutorial from May 22 2018

Comment

I used Combining Patterned Papers and Customizing Digital Elements on my layout. I changed the color of the flower embellishments as well and editing the color a little of the patterned papers.

Comment

Working...
                X