MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | PARADE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | PARADE

Hello, and welcome to the May 2018 PARADE CHALLENGE here at TDP!

It is May already, and I don't know about your corner of the world... but where I live, it seems like the weather has been a bit all over the place for a while, so there are some spring flowers blooming away, and it can be warm and sunny one day, then so very cold another! Crazy! But I do feel like spring has finally arrived, a little later than usual, but I am very happy to see some sunshine at last.

In keeping with the spring theme... there is a beautiful new DigiScrap Parade that launched today (5/1)... and it is chock full of wonderful freebies from a lot of our designers! This parade is named "Garden Party" ...and it has such a pretty color palette, perfect for your blooming flowers and grassy gatherings in the sunshine. Have you seen it yet? You can find the whole blog train here -- The May 2018 Digiscrap Parade - Garden Party.

For this Parade Challenge... you will need to create a layout or hybrid project that uses 100% TDP products from at least 2 (or more) TDP designers who are participating. Your layout must contain 100% TDP designer-created product, and nothing from any of the other non-TDP participating designers along the Parade route.

Need inspiration? Here is a page I made using Parade contributions from KimB (solid papers and elements), ningoesdigi (patterned papers) and Dunia Designs (journal card).

I can't wait to see whose products you will use, and how your page will turn out! I hope you will have fun hopping along the DigiScrap Parade, and hurry back to show us what you made!

THE RULES:
    • Create a layout or hybrid project that uses 100% TDP products from the May 2018 DigiScrap Parade -- by 2 (two) or more TDP designers.
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on May 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project AND which designer's digiscrap parade freebies you used.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the MAY 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by corrin; 05-03-2018, 05:43 AM.

Loved using these products, especially with all the pink! A special thank you to the designers for contributing to the Digiscrap Parade and to Corrin for hosting the challenge! I used product from KimB, Wishing Well Creations, Little Lamm Co. and Nini Goes Digi.

Last edited by corrin; 05-03-2018, 05:43 AM. Reason: just linking your page up to the gallery, hope you don't mind!

Comment

Originally posted by corrin View Post
      Hello, and welcome to the May 2018 PARADE CHALLENGE here at TDP!

For this Parade Challenge... you will need to create a layout or hybrid project that uses 100% TDP products from at least 2 (or more) TDP designers who are participating. Your layout must contain 100% TDP designer-created product, and nothing from any of the other non-TDP participating designers along the Parade route.

Need inspiration? Here is a page I made using Parade contributions from KimB (solid papers and elements), ningoesdigi (patterned papers) and Dunia Designs (journal card).

Thanks, Corrin! I love your layout!

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        you are very welcome, and so speedy too! I love your page, so sweet and simple but beauituful <3 thank you for joining in wiht the challenge

Such a darling page! Thank you pbrooks for playing with my goodies too!

Comment

Oooh yes please! This one was fun... such awesome colors

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          aw, that is lovely Shannon, and you are right, the colours are so pretty this time aren't they!

I am wondering if we can only use the items from the parade only or can we use the other items that are for sale in the shop that go with the Garden Party?

Comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          So, the 'law' says: 100% TDP products from at least 2 (or more) TDP designers who are participating.

I think though, that it's okay to use other coordinating items released by the TDP designers, so long as the product was specifically intended to coordinate with the Garden Party theme (e.g., 'sign up for my newsletter and get this extra coordinating freebie'). What's not okay are the products that the designers make using the same color palette ('I loved the colors so much I used them to make this kit about monster trucks'). KWIM?

ps - in my world, monster trucks (or at least the little-ish RC ones) sound like a lovely edition to a garden party. But I'm weird. I know.

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          kimkern72 - I think Carrie has answered well, some Designers release extra papers, or element packs to go along with their Parade freebie, and I think they would be ok to use - does that help? If you want to know about something specific feel free to ask here, or PM me!

• kimkern72
          kimkern72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I am good, I know I bought a couple of the add-ons and wanted to make sure that I didn't have to separate them out. You guys are all so awesome and helpful!!!!

I'm on a Dutch kick today (actually, I'm trying to finish up my 2016 trip album!). Hoogeveen is a town in the Netherlands, and ijsje is 'ice cream' in Dutch.

And I love this flamingo Laura Passage. He absolutely HAD to be on my page.

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          love it arrie, that flamingo is pretty adorable, and I love her graden gnome too! Your page is great, it feels cool and refreshing (is that the bright and breezy colours, or the watercolour effect of some of the elements?!) - which is perfect when reading your journaling!

Here is mine. Another big thank you to the designers of this kit.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...g-hunt&cat=519

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          that is lovely Tiffany! Your cluster under the photos is great, thanks for playing along

Here is mine..

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, I love your word strip as the title - couldn't be more perfect! Lol! Thanks for playing along with the challenge

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounds like you have a lovely greenfingered neighbour! I like your journaling, and your page is lovely, thanks for joining the challenge .

Thanks for a fun challenge... I loved the DSP Collab! Here's mine:

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh you are so green fingered! I love the pretty pink bits, and that perfect green for your photos! lovely! thanks for joining in the challenge

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          It is great to come across photos, that can show us a different side to the people we knew! I love that you scrapped this page, and the colours are great with your photos! Thanks for playing along with the challenge

Parade Challenge May 2018

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          whta beautiful flowers! I am trying to grow some hydrangers in my garden, but they don't look as good as that yet! Thank you for joining in with the challenge, I love the bold patterned paper you have used as the main paper, with the softer colours and patterns as contrast, it looks great!
      Working...
      X