MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAY 2018 CHALLENGE | AD

Hello everyone... Astrid here, with another edition of our AD CHALLENGE.

In this challenge, I will be giving you some scrap inspiration in the form of an advertisement image -- this time, from IKEA. Who doesn't know IKEA?!

You will need to use the design, color, arrangement, etc. (whatever it is you like most about the ad) to create your own layout or hybrid project. It does not have to be a exact copy, but we do need to be able to see the similarities between your creation and the ad image that inspired it (shown below).

This is the advertisement image that we'll be using for this month's challenge...

And if you're looking for some inspiration... here are a few samples for you!

Here is a look at my own sample page...
    [ credits: Midway | by The Digital Press Design Team ]

Here is another example for you, as well... by TDP creative team member Kat. She was inspired by the grid design, minimal dimensional elements, and a unifying color scheme...

[ credits: Be A Unicorn | by Mari Koegelenberg ]

THE RULES:
    • Create a layout or hybrid project that is visibly inspired by this month's provided ad image (shown above).
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on May 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project AND what inspired you from the ad.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the MAY 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 05-01-2018, 03:16 PM.
    --- ASTRID ---

I just LOVE the inspiration ad... Thanks for hosting this challenge. Here's mine:

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      what a beautiful page, love the check liste and those nice photos

My page for the ad challenge:

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      so beautiful ! Like that you did the title ,like in the AD, love this

I went for the white border/background, small squares with photos, the long column of journaling, and the sans serif font title kind of in the middle of it all.

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      fabulous work, the mix of photos and paper squares is great

What a great ad to lift. Thanks for the inspiration.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-loved&cat=519

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      wow your colors are amazing

thank you for this challenge, here's my take :

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      the black and white photos are fabulous and this little colors in the page, makes it outstanding

I'll play along! Here's mine with Rachel Etrog's new goodies for May Special Edition 2018

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mothers are the best ! Seems you had a lot of work but also some quality time together. Good luck for your IVF, I was near Prague yesterday (cheap shopping at the border ;-))

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      lovely memories !

This was about 9 years ago.

Comment

Ad Challenge May 2018

Comment

Working...
      X