APRIL 2018 CHALLENGE | HYBRID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL 2018 CHALLENGE | HYBRID

Welcome to the April 2018 Hybrid Challenge!

To complete this challenge you will need to follow the instructions for -- and complete -- one of the two Hybrid How-To" tutorials that will be posted on the The Digital Press blog in April 2018. You will use the Hybrid How-To blog post of your choice (either the 4/7 post or the 4/21 post) as inspiration for your project... and then you'll complete the project and make sure to post the image of your completed project -- both here and in the Challenge Gallery. Now, when I say "inspiration," that doesn't mean a loose interpretation of the project. In order to get credit for the challenge, you still have to create a hybrid project like the one in the how-to tutorial. For example, you can't convert your project into something digital, like a digital card, tag, postcard, etc. Got it? Can you print items from a kit, like papers, wordart, stickers? Sure. However, the rest of your supplies would be tactile, "real" objects - that's right folks ... I know you have a secret stash somewhere of buttons, flowers, brads, tags ... come on, say it with me, "Yes, I'm a supply hoarder!" (says the 100% digital scrapper who still has corner rounders and chipboard alphas!)

To get you started, here's the first hybrid tutorial for this month:

Hybrid How-To | Memory Flip Calendars (April 7)

*****EDITED 4/21 to add our 2nd option for April 2018*****

Hybrid How-To | Creating Interactive Features (April 21)

http://www.thedigitalpress.co/hybrid...tive-features/

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a hybrid project that is based on one of the two "Hybrid How-To" blog posts of your choosing from April 2018 (a second hybrid project will be posted on 4/21).
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you need), and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on April 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the APRIL 2018 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 04-21-2018, 12:32 PM.

...bumping this thread because it just arrived here in the CROSSWORD SECTION... because the first Hybrid How-To post of the month just landed on the blog today! It's such a fun project... definitely go check it out!
    ~ Laura ~

Comment

that is such a sweet and fun idea!!

Comment

Our second hybrid option will be posted this weekend ... wonder what it will be?

Comment

• Donnatopia
          Donnatopia commented
          Editing a comment
          The first one is adorable.... I just don't have everything on hand to do it, so I am holding out for the 2nd one..... can't wait.

• tiffany scraps
          tiffany scraps commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm thinking the same thing Donnatopia.

Bumping Second hybrid project to the month has been added!

Comment

I used the "Creating Interactive Features Hybrid How-to" to create a tiered page technique on my scrapbook page. Here is the pictures of the layout with the tier open and closed.

Comment

Dragonhome - those are some seriously-cute photos ... and I love how you incorporated the hearts - are they vellum?

Comment

• Dragonhome
              Dragonhome commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, they are vellum. They are from the "Words to Live By" kit - but I can't see it on the shopping site anymore. I applied the Vellum shadow to it as well.

Well, this challenge prompted me to pull out the cameo (which I haven't touched in over a year)... it was fun. Very disappointed that I can't get a good image of the pages.... the file was just too large to reduce down without loosing the details But, believe me, it is adorable IRL and my grand niece is gonna LOVE filling it up this summer. I also forgot to attach the bakers twine to the tags before I took the photos (so imagine twine on the tags, okay?)

Comment

Here is mine. I think I want to paint the shadow box black but I will have to do that at a later date. Thanks for the fun idea. I love having a way of using all those cute journal cards.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...lendar&cat=519

Comment

Love all these projects! Here is a page in my Travler's Notebook I am making for my son's friend as she is moving away & will be going to a different school. I loved the idea of all the interactive pieces - I started with the easiest -a tag& the pocket, but hope to try the others as well!

Last edited by kaphelps; 04-29-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X