APRIL 2018 CHALLENGE | SPECIAL EDITION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL 2018 CHALLENGE | SPECIAL EDITION

Hello everyone! And happy April!!! We are truly and well into spring and hopefully you are feeling the warmth and the signs of new life that this wonderful season brings!

I am so excited to be hosting the Special Edition Challenge this month.

This challenge will require you to create a layout or hybrid project that uses 100% products from the April 2018 Special Edition collection at The Digital Press... AND you MUST use products from at least 2 designers on your project.You can of course mix and match from more than two designers if you wish!

As seems to be the norm now, the designers at the Digital Press have created yet another outstanding special edition collection - a bright and fun palette that you are sure to love!!!.Going live today,there is also an amazing 50% sale running up until 4/8 on these products too!!!

For my sample layout, I had a difficult time choosing which ones to play with but I finally settled on...

1. A versatile set of April photo templates by Dunia Designs
    2. Sahin Designs' really cute Berry Sweet cards, papers and elements and
    3. Some fun birthday elements from the Celebrate collection by Mari Koegelenberg

So, what better excuse to try out some of these gorgeous products. You'll be surprised to see how well they mix and match! Come and play this challenge with me and I can't wait to see all your creations.

A quick recap of the rules:
    • You must use 100% products from the April 2018 Special Edition collection to create your page
    • You must use at least 2 different designers' products in your project
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on April 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project (please use the bbcode to link 'em up so we can leave you some gallery love!).
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the APRIL 2018 TRACKING THREAD and this is very important....
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Shivani; 04-09-2018, 08:22 AM.
    --- SHIVANI ---

...bumping this thread up to the top, too, as it was just added to the CROSSWORD SECTION, as well (along with the Hybrid Challenge thread). The April 2018 Special Edition collection launched in the shop at TDP yesterday... and we think you'll love it! So many fun digi goodies! Go check it out!
    ~ Laura ~

Comment

here is my page, I used Special Edition items by Dunia Designs and Meagan's Creations

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        This is amazing Corrin! I love the b&w photos - especially the crop on first one showing his delight and the symmetry in the use of design elements. Love the big blue title and the little dots connecting the two clusters! Thanks for sharing and playing along with me!

I used Special Edition goodies by Anita Designs, ninigoesdigi and Mari Koegelenberg.

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing Stephanie! This is so striking!!! I love the two patterned papers at an angle framing the layout and that awesome cluster work in the centre. Love all the paints and little elements you have used to turn this into such a dynamic page!

Thanks for a fun challenge.. Here's mine:

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        That layout screams happy for me! What a lovely composition! I love all the bright design elements and matching her rainbow skirt! Love the stripe pink background too. Thanks for playing in this challenge with me!

The Midway Collaboration worked great with these photos took on the Merry-go-round.

Replacement Layout

I may have used the wrong kit the above layout. This new one is made using the "Spring in Your Step | Collection Bundle" and the "Make it Count April 2018 Templates"

Last edited by Dragonhome; 05-01-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing this beautiful layout! Can I just check if this uses any Special Edition products? I believe you will need to use the products from April Special Edition (http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Speci...on-April-2018/) to get credits for this challenge.

• Dragonhome
        Dragonhome commented
        Editing a comment
        I used items from the Midway Kit. Wasn't that part of the Special edition?

I will see if I have some of the April Special Edition kits and change the layout using those kits and upload it today (05/01/2018)
        Last edited by Dragonhome; 05-01-2018, 01:19 PM.

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, no sorry it wasn't! But what an amazing replacement layout Love the wonderful happy photos and the big sticker-style title. That lovely choice of background paper set out the layout so nicely. Thanks for doing this again

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-bloom&cat=519

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Tiffany, Thanks for sharing this beautiful layout. I love the way you have combined the two designers product. That template works really well and I love so many patterned papers in your layout to create a nice rule of thirds for your stunning photos! Thanks for playing along in this challenge with me!
    Working...
    X